Ready To Party!

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by WillieB, Jul 27, 2020.

1. WillieB

WillieB Well-Known Member

Right now, I’ll be competing against myself since I’m the only one registered for Single Stack division. :D Of course, that could change before the end of the day.

Will definitely let y’all know how it goes!

2. Wild Turkey Cogburn

Wild Turkey Cogburn Well-Known Member

Remember, it's all in how you report it.

There was a car race between Russia and US.

The next day, Russian newspapers reported the race.

" HUGE auto race, Russian car finishes 2nd. American car is next to last."

WillieB, SilasW and BlackEagle like this.

3. Shanghai

Shanghai Well-Known Member

No matter how you do in the match, you're certain to win 1st place for your shooting bench.:)

WillieB and howlnmad like this.
  4. joe45c

joe45c Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oh Oh the pressure is on you now. No way you will be able to live it down if you finish 2nd.;):oops:

BlackEagle, WillieB and gdmoody like this.
  5. BlackEagle

BlackEagle TFF Chaplain Supporting Member

Something like that happened to me last year at the Black Powder cartridge competition. I took 25 cartridges--enough for 1 fowling shot, and then two convertible sighters and 10 competition rounds (Best 10 rounds score) for two, so if someone wanted to have a go on my rifle, they could. I was the only entrant, but our club secretary took me up on the offer to shoot. I still won.

WillieB and joe45c like this.
  6. WillieB

WillieB Well-Known Member

Mini Range Report:

Well, the gun is no longer completely untested. I managed to sneak out to the range early this morning and put a little over 100 rounds through it.

Sights were dead on out of the box. I was hitting an 8” steel plate at 20 yards pretty regularly. As long as I do my part, the gun does its part. Probably the most accurate gun I own. Recoil from the 9mm is almost nil with a 5” barrel, all steel gun. I did have some failures to go into battery at first but those appeared to sort themselves out as I shot more. The 10 round Mec-Gar mags I bought all worked OK. They fed ammo well but were kind of spotty on last round hold open.

All in all, I’d say testing was fairly successful and now I won’t be going into my first match using a gun I’ve never shot before. She’s definitely a keeper! :)

Common Sense, howlnmad and BlackEagle like this.