The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I recently picked up the hobby of owning old military guns and I came across this Walter PPK. Is this legit? or Fake? It looks like all serial numbers match. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
The grips are for sure are fake. I thought so but I checked with Danny, a long time collecter and he confirmed it. If the grips are fake then the entire gun is suspect.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Bill, the original grips sell for 2 to 3 hundred dollars, they are often removed and sold separately and reproduction grips put on, the reproduction grips sold for 25 to 35 dollars and often seen on plain Jane PPKs and PPs. There is no such animal as capture papers. they are bring back papers authorizing a person to bring back a firearm. he probably traded a bottle of Old Grand Dad for it. The form is routine and are a locally produced form and are often signed by the company clerk, also the papers only has the type of weapon and serial number WWII German Items are now like Wells Fargo guns, You automatically presume they are fake until proven real. Heck, Numrich was even selling German WWII proof and S stamps a while back.

·
Administrator
11,890 Posts
Looks like a match to the Party Leader minus the magazine.

OOPS! I see what appears to be an original mag in OP's post.

Are those bakalite grips and mag extension?

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Last post, I never said the gun was fake, but the grips are not original, that removes 4 to 5 hundred dollars from the value off the top. I still say , if the grips are fake, then the gun is suspect and should be checked by an on hands expert. there are people out there that will go to extreme lengths to steal your money.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Last post, I never said the gun was fake, but the grips are not original, that removes 4 to 5 hundred dollars from the value off the top. I still say , if the grips are fake, then the gun is suspect and should be checked by an on hands expert. there are people out there that will go to extreme lengths to steal your money.
If it has enough value , you can count on someone some were will try to make a fake just to get your money. I have personally seen shaved 1911 recievers and restamped. I even owned one that had a fake navy anchor stamped. Expencive shoguns are also faked.
So be carefull of what you buy and if ANYTHING seems slightly off, have it checked by a pro.
After all, its your money.

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
No response in a year so I will repeat “ How can you tell the grips are fake?”.
Just a shot in the dark, but you might consider removing the grips and checking for any markings on the inner faces. I've taken a look at the inner face of the grips on my '44 vintage P-38, as well as several Lugers, and each panel's inside face bears a manufacturer's mark/logo or number. The thought struck me that someone manufacturing fake grips may have neglected this seemingly minor detail.

·
Registered
964 Posts
McKenzie, I am not concerned about accuracy on this pistol, it is a 7.65 mm and I really love shooting it but for carry I prefer a Sig or Kimber micro pistol. I do not think we are going to get a response on the Nazi grips from the original post , I personally feel the condition of the pistol and transport papers are enough to sway me to believe the originality of the pistol.

·
Registered
17,116 Posts
Denis was on this board??:confused:

Reactions: tedwitt
1 - 20 of 26 Posts