The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well besides the fact anyone with a brain is stocking up for the festivities......
The only lead mine in US-in Missouri-has been closed since Feb15....have you priced a battery lately?
The 2 major copper mines in S.America have been closed since the end of Feb.

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
And it's only about 50 miles east of me...

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
I want to go shooting but I can't due to ammo shortage. I was looking for lead fishing weights at Walmart and they were out of them.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I called a FB ad today-place in FWB,Fl has to quote-"more lead than you have money" for 1$ a lb-200lb min....headed down Mon am.

·
TFF Chaplain
20,596 Posts
Local builders supply has lead flashing by the roll.

Reactions: Smoke

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
I think Silas is over by Farmington....I've asked him a half dozen times and still can't remember...:mad:

I'm between Rolla, St. James and Salem. Makes for a nice triangle....:D I installed a big emergency generator in Viburnam probably 10 years ago. Pretty over your way...'course most of the Ozarks are.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Me too. I'm in Viburnun, where you all from?
Yep, I'm a couple of miles north west of Farmington. Grew up in a small town named Esther. It's not on the maps anymore. Three adjoining towns were consolidated and the whole thing is now called Park Hills.
The lead mines were where every one worked, I was the first in my family dating back a hundred or so years that never did. The lead is still there in the ground. But EPA regs and the cost of getting it out shut the mines down. There's a museum at the old Federal mine shaft a couple of miles from the house that has all the area history. Pretty interesting place.

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
And the reason for the "Rolla School of Mines".

Reactions: 45nut and sparkyv

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
It's a pretty conservative school, as far as universities go. A great number of the professor's are Christians. It's also undergone a few name changes from Rolla School of Mines to University of Mo., Rolla and now it's Missouri University of Science and Technology. It will always be "UMR" to me and a lot of other folks.

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Premium Member
1,886 Posts
I’ve actually wondered if there were Corona layoffs in the ammo industry as well and now they’re trying to play catch-up.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I have a Doe Run secondary smelter in my backyard - I'll check what they are charging for certified bullet metal. i usually get 25 pounds cut up to go in the lead pot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts