ReBlued

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by corsair, Apr 25, 2009.

1. corsair

corsair Member

Regarding re blueing, There is a lot of opinions given in various posts and superb advise. I thought I'd share a finished re blue of mine. No expert here,just a life long hobbyist that enjoys the results of my own labor. First off I wouldn't dare touch any expensive or rare c&r. This is a 3rd model I J 38 worth maybe about 75 to 100 bucks, so it being a nice shooter and wanting to try Vans Instant Gun Blue I gave it a (shot).Not realizing I would show it on a post I did not do the inevitable...Before & After... Sorry.
    Anyway here she be with a fitted set of Herrerts Grips for better control for shooting. Al

Attached Files:

2. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    I like it! I agree that a collectible should not be re-blued, but for a shooter...what's the harm? Good job. Nice grips, too. TJ

3. Anchor Clanker

Anchor Clanker Member

Nice job. You were lucky that it did not turn out purple like many of these iron frame guns will.

4. corsair

corsair Member

Thanks for the opinions. What prompted me was the limited monetary value and it being in the family and knowing it will stay with the family.I really wanted it to look as good as possible for the long run. I'd never touch a really rare or special C&R. Al