Received e-mail

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

armedandsafe
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/9/03 12:58:14 pm)
    Reply Received e-mail
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    from a friend who recently moved back East. Her youngest daughter joined up (Army) on the same my second son was called back to active duty. I thought you might enjoy it.

>Soldier - Freedom Prayer

>I want you to close your eyes and picture in your mind the >soldier at Valley Forge, as he holds his musket in his bloody >hands. He stands barefoot in the snow, starved from lack of >food, wounded from months of battle and emotionally >scarred from the eternity away from his family surrounded by >nothing but death and carnage of war. He stands tough, >with fire in his eyes and victory on his breath. He looks at us >now in anger and disgust and tells us this...

>I gave you a birthright of freedom born in the Constitution >and now your children graduate too illiterate to read it. I >fought in the snow barefoot to give you the freedom to vote >and you stay at home because it rains.

>I left my family destitute to give you the freedom of speech >and you remain silent on critical issues, because it might be >bad for business.

I> orphaned my children to give you a government to serve >you and it has stolen democracy from the people.

>It's the soldier not the reporter who gives you the freedom >of the press.

>It's the soldier not the poet who gives you the freedom of >speech.

>It's the soldier not the campus organizer who allows you to >demonstrate.

>It's the soldier who salutes the flag, serves the flag, whose >coffin is draped with the flag that allows the protester to >burn the flag!!!

>"Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as >they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless >acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."

>When you receive this, please stop for a moment and say a >prayer for our U.S. ground troops in Afghanistan, and the >ones facing deployment to Iraq at this very moment - AND >all over this world.

>There is nothing attached.... If you choose to share this >with others, please do.

>Just remember that of all the gifts you could give a U.S. >Soldier, prayer is the very best one.....

>Stay safe, be well.

Armed and Safe - not just a theory

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/9/03 1:01:23 pm)
    Re: Received e-mail
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for sharing armedandsafe.

For all that put themselves in harms way... God Bless!

God Bless America

SouthernMoss
    (2/9/03 4:16:00 pm)
    Re: Received e-mail
    My son did a stint in the Army, and could be called back to active duty if things keep heating up. My hat's off to all our soldiers in all branches of the military...they're my heroes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.