2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a non ar15 clone style .22

considering

gsg .22

kel-tec plr .22

Kel-tec Sub 2000

ISSC MSR22 22LR

I have never purchased a gun for myself, but have always grown up with them and the latter inherited various collections which I cherish. its not enough to just have inherited anymore. I want my own collection

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I have a Sig 1911-22, which I like a lot. Be aware that some semi-auto 22's (such as the Sig and GSG) will not cycle reliably with std velocity ammo. You'll need to use a hi-velocity like CCI mini mag. The gsg is a twin of my sig. Same exact design.

My Sig (custom grips)

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
If you only care about an aesthetically looking tactical .22, I'd look into the H&K rimfires, MP5A5. MSRP $475

or MP5SD. MSRP $510

those are NOT suppressors, just compensators, but if I saw/heard one of those firing, I would totally believe it was a suppressed 9mm, not a .22LR

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I like the Sig Mosquito. Guess they had problem w/the early productions one. But my new functions like a sewing machine w/CCI Mini Mags.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
well I mostly just want it because ammo for .22 is a lot cheaper than the .223 ammo.
plus I already have a Ruger’s Mini-14 Tactical .223 and an colt ar15 so i want something a little smaller I thought about a kel-tec plr 16 but i dont wana feed the 223 ammo right now

as far as hand guns I have a para ordinance p12. and i also have stocked up on plenty on long scoped rifles

so it needs to be small,cheap,tactical,reliable and light

--- what is diffrence between H&K rimfires, MP5A5 and gsg .22

I also like the Walther gs22

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have and am very happy with the Kel Tec SU22 and Ruger SR22 pistol. Price wise, the Mossberg tactical 22 is nice. Or get a Ruger 10/22 and get the tactical stock you want it to look like.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Just curious what makes a .22 "tactical"?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I like the Sig Mosquito. Guess they had problem w/the early productions one. But my new functions like a sewing machine w/CCI Mini Mags.
I like mine as well. It of course runs the Mini Mags fine, but also Rem Thunder Bolts as well. I imagine it would run fine with about any 40 gr High Velocity (1200fps or better) ammo. Great little gun and very accurate.
Donnie D:D

·
Registered
131 Posts
My buddy has the MP5 clone by walther. I think it is offered through Umarex.
it is neat looking, a bit heavy, has a fake suppressor, but works flawlessly with every brand and type of ammunition that he's fed it. their early models had the rep of being picky on their ammunition as well, but it seems that it is no longer an issue.

sorry no images as I'm at work and don't have one already loaded on photo bucket

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.