Recommendations: Benelli M1 or Beretta 1201

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

jacksatterfield
    (4/9/02 1:50:01 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Recommendations: Benelli M1 or Beretta 1201
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Appreciate recommendations between the Benelli M1 & Beretta 1201P. Primary use will be for shotgun tactical match shooting, secondary use for home self defense.

Thanks
    Jack

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/9/02 4:28:49 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Recommendations: Benelli M1 or Beretta 1201
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome Jack. I am not familiar with the Beretta but the Benelli is a good one.

I am a A-5 fanatic myself

The should be somebody around who knows something about the Beretta who can give you an opinion.

buckaroobarnes
    (12/19/02 1:54:01 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del benelli vs beretta
    Owned a Super 90.....bought it when I 1st got into 3 gun. The kick a bit (recoil operated) but shoot very very fast. Used to be able to throw an orange into the air and hit it 6 or 8 times before it hit the ground or was juice. But as to the recommendation.....the beretta had some sort of operating flaw...was either difficult to reload, ya I think you couldn't load the magazine with around in the chamber. Maybe the newer models have addressed that....course it all depends on yer use. Hard to beat an 1187 with some mods (light recoil, inexpensive, pretty fast). Just my thoughts.........

IShootBack
    (12/29/02 5:09:49 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: benelli vs beretta
    Ditto on the 11-87. Benelli's tend to jam when using cheap low brass ammo.