Red Letter Day ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gdmoody, Apr 1, 2009.

1. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

If you notice my signature below, you will see that I work at the Post Office. I work on the DBCS machines (Data Bar Code Sorter) which is basically a letter sorting machine. I am usually working on one of the outgoing mail machines. Today, I kept seeing Red envelopes, hundreds and hundreds of Red envelopes. I picked up a few of them just out of curiosity to see where they were going. All of them were addressed to President Obama.

I turned a few of them over to read what was on the back and it had something like: This envelope represents one child killed by abortion. It is empty because this child did not have a chance in the world (or something like that). The guy I was working with told me that there were thousands of them yesterday also (I'm off on Mondays). Now these thousands of letters originated in just the 305 and 306 zip codes.

Has anyone heard of this "letter writing" campaign? If so, is it a nationwide thing? If it is, I would really like to see just how many are delivered to Yomama!!

We, as gun owners, should get whoever organized this to get one up for a 2nd Amendment write in campaign.

2. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

should put some baby powder in some and mail it lol.

this is news to me though. interested to see where it might go

3. artabr

artabr New Member

I saw something about it somewhere today, I think it may have been in the newspaper.
    Glad their campaign is doing good.

Edit: The baby powder will probably get you up to 5 years jail time. Not a good move.

Art

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  4. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

I surprised someone at a post office was actually working.....:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:D:D:D

just kidding GD...will try to find out about this...and 10-4 on the 2nd people doing the same......

5. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

There is just something about a white powdery substance falling out of an envelope that can put a stop to the mail moving, completely!:eek::eek::D:D:D

6. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  7. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

It might be funny to think about, but that thought is followed up by the years in jail thing.

Thanks for the reminder Art.

Interesting thoughts about getting you more work Moody.

8. artabr

artabr New Member

I wasn't trying to slam JohnLFC. I just wanted to save somebody some greif if they saw the post and forgot about the good old anthrax days. :eek: ;)

Art

9. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

im game.... no powder, got it