The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting a newer beefier cast iron frame single stage reloading press for a while now. I checked out the Lee Classic cast press and it wasn't a bad press. I checked out the RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme and after that the Lee didn't look so good. Then, I found the Redding Big Boss. Holy smokes, what a fine press. It is tighter then the RCBS and has a massive ram. The opening in the O-frame press is huge and the feel of the handle motion is sweet. I did not care if I had the Big Boss II (which rids the primers via. the center of the ram), so I got the Big Boss. The primer catch is a plastic box with a magnetic base that is positioned in front of the primer shoot which comes of the ram. The workmanship is premium on this press. I like my old RCBS JR, but I like the size of the Redding which is what I wanted. It sure makes a difference having the larger opening in the o-frame of the press.

Guess what I will be doing later today.

Attachments

·
TFFWPP President
13,897 Posts
"Guess what I will be doing later today."

painting it pink? making an adapter to mount your video camera on it?

·
Registered
761 Posts
That's Sweet. I got the RCBS Rock Chucker that's nice too but the reding is Sweet.

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's Sweet. I got the RCBS Rock Chucker that's nice too but the reding is Sweet.
There is nothing wrong with the RCBS. The reason I decided over the RCBS is I read where the RCBS is no longer completely made in the USA and the Reddinbg is. Also, I have tried 3 RCBS presses that were demo models and all three of them had resistance and one of them squeeked loudly. When I tried a Redding demo model there was no comparison.

I will never sell my old RCBS press and if you have a good one HANG ONTO IT.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Yeah mines good. Works smooth no noise, got it cheap $250 new for the supreme kit. No way I'm getting rid of it. I like it too much. I'm glad I got it. Just yours looks good and heavy heavy duty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts