Refinishing SIG P226

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 24, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Jetrider1ny
    (1/25/03 6:33:10 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Anyway to repair/cover scratches on a Sig 226?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Greetings all,
    Ive amassed a few scratches that have penetrated the black coating on the top of the slide on my Sig 226.

I know that with use the weapon will not remain looking new forever but Im curious to know if their is a remedy for this short of sending the weapon back to Sig?

thanks in advance
    JL

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/25/03 7:58:38 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Anyway to repair/cover scratches on a Sig 226?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your option, of course, is to have the whole slide refinished. You could choose any number of finish options from a hard-chrome to a black coating like Birdsong.

Jetrider1ny
    (1/25/03 8:26:56 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Ive thought of doing so but...
    Im in law enforcement so turnaround time may prevent me from sending it out for a refinish.

JL

sig230
    (1/27/03 12:05:45 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Ive thought of doing so but...
    Sure. Just touch it up with some cold blue. If it's just a few scratches, then the three stick blue pens work well. My SiGs have had many a battle scar removed that way.