The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jetrider1ny
(1/25/03 6:33:10 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All Anyway to repair/cover scratches on a Sig 226?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings all,
Ive amassed a few scratches that have penetrated the black coating on the top of the slide on my Sig 226.

I know that with use the weapon will not remain looking new forever but Im curious to know if their is a remedy for this short of sending the weapon back to Sig?

thanks in advance
JL

AntiqueDr
*TFF Senior Staff*
(1/25/03 7:58:38 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: Anyway to repair/cover scratches on a Sig 226?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your option, of course, is to have the whole slide refinished. You could choose any number of finish options from a hard-chrome to a black coating like Birdsong.

Jetrider1ny
(1/25/03 8:26:56 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Ive thought of doing so but...
Im in law enforcement so turnaround time may prevent me from sending it out for a refinish.

JL

sig230
(1/27/03 12:05:45 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Ive thought of doing so but...
Sure. Just touch it up with some cold blue. If it's just a few scratches, then the three stick blue pens work well. My SiGs have had many a battle scar removed that way.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts