The Firearms Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Wouldn't a shaved cylinder indicate a post-WW2 import rather than a bring-back?
Mac,
Yes it would, his father served the end of WW1 and all of WW2 as a Chaplin, but some were done by gunsmiths for the importers shipping from overseas but many were done here by gunsmiths because of the problem getting .455 Webley rounds (plus not all shaved cylinders are equal). Thus the use of 45 Autorim and 45 ACP using moon clips. Mine only works with the thinner 3 round 1/2 moon clips others will work with the thicker 6 round full moon clips.Some older Colts and Rugers also use moon clips. Like I said I wish "Sir Webley" could talk!!!

·
Premium Member
14,019 Posts
A terrible photo, but here's our MkVI. It, too, has been shaved and also lacks the "point to point" double Broad Arrows indicating "Sold out of service". I shoot low pressure .45 Auto Rim (2.8gr. Trailboss powder & 250gr hardcast RN), and also have a spacer which fits over the back of the cylinder that would allow me to shoot .455s - assuming I wanted to order brass and load a batch. The sticker's a Pritchard-Greener, the brainstorm of a Lt. Pritchard that was never official issue but could be purchased privately. It was never a big hit. And yes, it does tend to raise a few eyebrows at the range. :)

Wood Fixture Auto part Building material Gun accessory

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
A terrible photo, but here's our MkVI. It, too, has been shaved and also lacks the "point to point" double Broad Arrows indicating "Sold out of service". I shoot low pressure .45 Auto Rim (2.8gr. Trailboss powder & 250gr hardcast RN), and also have a spacer which fits over the back of the cylinder that would allow me to shoot .455s - assuming I wanted to order brass and load a batch. The sticker's a Pritchard-Greener, the brainstorm of a Lt. Pritchard that was never official issue but could be purchased privately. It was never a big hit. And yes, it does tend to raise a few eyebrows at the range. :)

View attachment 277390
Nice! I want a "sticker"!! Loading 45 Autorim and 45 ACP with the 255 grain softlead Keith SWC with 5.1 grains of HP-38 and 250 grain softlead HB WC with 4.9 grains of same HP-38.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts