The Firearms Forum banner

Regent 32 - Firearms Int'l Corp

15K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  M_u_m_p 
#1 ·
I recently picked up this gun for partial trade.

Regent 0.32 cal, 7 round, made by Firearms Int'l Corp, Washington, D.C., in chrome.

I have read the available posts on TFF and other sites and they are mostly about a 0.22 revolver not about the 0.32 revolver.

It is not listed in the Blue Book of Gun Values by S.P. Fjestad. I know it is a cheep hand gun but it looks great ~99%. I would like to know a little more about it and what I should sell it for (it is not a keeper for me).

Thanks,
Mark

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
After the 1968 Gun Import act took effect there were a number of importers, FI and FIE among them, that were left up the creek with out a paddle. Their entire livelihood depended on importing inexpensive firearms from Europe. What to do? What to do? Well, what several of them did on a short term basic was to set up casting the receivers here in the states, and importing all the other parts. They would assembly the parts with unskilled labor in small shops and stamp them " Made in the USA " Since your .32 HW-3, was made by Hermann Weihrauch, in what was once West Germany, and sold under the name Regent. and once imported by FI Well, 2 and 2 does not always add up to 4, but I betcha it does this time. The FI Regent is a carbon copy of the Weihrauch HW-3 { AKA The Regent/ Dickson Bulldog/ Gecado }. Value of the FI assembled guns are even less than their imported cousins and are listed at around 100 dollars. Best I can do.

#5 · (Edited)
Hi I'm new to the forum and I just picked up on of these pistols in a trade but mine has a ivory simulated handle. I really don't like the ivory looking grips and I have been looking everywhere for some new ones..any ideas? Other than that I like the little fun to shoot and fairly accurate.

Thanks guys

#7 ·
m_u_m_p,
a good place to look for grips for this model is at gun shows. look for a dealer who has lots of used revolver grips. i probably have a set of grips for your revolver but would need to see a picture of your revolver.
bill

#8 ·
Thanks for the info guys I will keep the shows in mind there are frequent gun shows in my area so I will check those out. But my pistol is identical to the one in the pictures up top except the grips are ivory color, not black. They are the same pattern and style just different color.

Thanks guys for the quick responses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.