Registering your guns

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Joetee, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Joetee

Joetee Member Supporting Member

The first time I ever voted was right after I was old enough to vote and what made me want to vote was the subject of gun control. It was 1976 I think.
    So since I've heard of gun control for a very long time, it only seems logical that one day there is going to be a time, eventually, that the government will come knocking on our doors.

So I am afraid to register any weapons and get a concealed weapons license. Because once I do, they will know where to come to get them. Which really sucks because I want to carry.

I would open carry if I could without a registration. This way it won't be concealed.

2. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Broot, howlnmad, accident and 3 others like this.

3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Why would you even think about registration if not a law.

Broot, flboots, BlackEagle and 3 others like this.
  4. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

Where would you even be able to register a firearm in a state that doesn't require it?

Broot, flboots, BlackEagle and 3 others like this.
  5. Joetee

I think your right. I just got through reading about that.
    But I wonder what would happen if I were walking down town with a 9mm hanging on my leg. You don't see that any where.

Does it have to be registered to be concealed?

I don't want it taken away. That's what scares me.

6. rcairflr

How do you register a firearm in a state that doesn't have firearm registration? Where do you think you are going to register it or with who? Why this big handup with registering your firearms?

To answer your question. NO, it doesn't have to be registered to carry conceal "IF" your state doesn't require it.

I see it quite often here in Kansas

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2016
    Broot, BlackEagle, accident and 3 others like this.
  7. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Open carry seems to be legal in KY if you meet the criteria and don't carry where prohibited.

8. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member Supporting Member

maybe a member here from KY can chime in

9. Joetee

Well ok. Thank you. I've always been afraid the government would get my address and know where to come when and if they took away our rights. I was not about to turn in my weapons if the government decided to take them. I just didn't want them to have any record of my ownership.

Ok, so, where would be a good place to start in applying for a ccw? The NRA maybe?

carver and dbcooper like this.
  10. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member Supporting Member

they know already, don't fool yourself

11. tuckerd1

tuckerd1 Moderator Supporting Member

Maybe your county Sheriff's office. That who issues them in Alabama.

BlackEagle, accident, carver and 2 others like this.
  12. Joetee

I see all the time about ccw courses being offered. Is this something that is required? If there is no reason to pay to take a course then I don't really want to.

shootbrownelk, carver and dbcooper like this.
  13. rcairflr

[​IMG]
    APPLICATION PROCESS

An applicant for a CCDW license must complete an application form at the sheriff's office in his or her county of residence. The applicant must also pay the $60 application fee at the time of application (active and retired peace officers that meet the requirements of KRS 237.110(7) are exempt from paying the application or renewal fee). The sixty-dollar fee is to be allocated as follows:

• Payment of twenty dollars to the sheriff of your county of residence.
    • A check or money order for forty dollars (the portion of the CCDW fee allocated to the KSP and the Administrative Office of the Courts by statute) payable to the Kentucky State Treasurer. The KSP will collect the portion of the fee designated for the Administrative Office of the Courts on its behalf.
    Applications that are not accompanied by a check or money order for forty dollars ($40.00) payable to the Kentucky State Treasurer will be returned unprocessed to the sheriff of the applicant's county of residence.

The application will be sent to the Kentucky State Police within five working days.

The application form, completed under oath, must include the following:

• Name, Address, Date of Birth, Gender and Social Security Number.
    • A photograph that meets one of the following standards:
      1. An original color photograph or a color photographic copy developed from the negative of an original photograph and:
        1. Be no less than three and one-half (3 1/2) inches by four (4) inches; and
        2. Not exceed four (4) inches by six (6) inches;
      2. A color photograph from a digital camera, rated for seven (7) megapixels or greater, printed on photograph quality paper; or
      3. An original color passport style photograph that is:
        1. 2 x 2 inches in size; and
        2. Between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.
          The photograph shall display the full front of the head and the facial features of the applicant and not be a photograph of the applicant wearing:
          • Sunglasses;
          • A hat; or
          • Attire that obscures a facial feature, hair, or hairline.
    • A photocopy of a certificate or an affidavit or document certifying completion of a firearms training course offered or approved by the Department of Criminal Justice Training.
    The CCDW License Application - If you are not a U.S. Citizen, the Citizenship Affidavit (KSP 131) must be completed and submitted to the sheriff of your county of residence to be attached to the application. You can download the KSP 131 by clicking here.

joe45c, carver and firefighter1635 like this.
  14. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Don't be afraid of the scary boogeyman government knowing you've got guns. I can almost gaurentee you they already know. And if they decide to come get them, they'll leave with them. The only question will be is how they'll leave with them, cold and loaded or hot and empty.

flboots, BlackEagle, accident and 5 others like this.