The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have been reloading for a while, and have primarily working with 6.5 Creedmoore for a while now. Just like everyone else, I'm having a hard time finding any components to use. I have some powder and primers, but could use some bullets, and maybe a few more primers. The cases I'm using have large primer pockets, so that makes it harder to find them.

FORUM VIOLATION - offers to buy, sell, or trade are not allowed in the open forum, once you have 25 posts, you can offer them in that sub-forum.

·
Premium Member
12,933 Posts
How long is "a while?"

Reactions: shootbrownelk

·
Premium Member
12,933 Posts
That's a while.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I started out loading large pistol cartridges with a friend, the got into loading rifle cartridges a few years later. After a hiatus of several years when I was transferred to a state that isn't gun friendly by my company, I'm now back into it and enjoying a new place with a workable reloading area.

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
I started out loading large pistol cartridges with a friend, the got into loading rifle cartridges a few years later. After a hiatus of several years when I was transferred to a state that isn't gun friendly by my company, I'm now back into it and enjoying a new place with a workable reloading area.
Reloading is relaxing isn't it.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
I kinda got the reloading blues of a sort to.
Brother in-law bought a new AR-15 and can’t find any ammo.So we took it out to the desert and blasted off a few hundred rounds of reloads.
A nephew came along with a old school Taurus.357 and couldn’t find any ammo.So between that gun and my Henry Lever .357.A couple hundred rounds of .357 reloads got shot off.
My son in laws father bought a new Taurus millennial gen.3 12 shot auto and can’t find any ammo and never shot it so with my gun and his new one we shot about 300 9mm reloads.
And yes my primers are getting low and I can’t be doing this a whole lot more because this stuff is getting so hard to find.
But I don’t mind sharing some of what I got.
Have you ever sat for a hour or two reloading till your bottom gets numb and your arm mussels start cramping.Thats when I call it a night.Ha!Ha!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I don't mind sharing now and then but there s a huge problem with it. With ammunition, borrower's see it as free ammo and will shoot up all you'll let them shoot, then go home. You on the other hand have to go home and do all that loading again! And even harder, you have to go find the component's to do it with and pay for them. Kid here in town likes to shoot my guns and I let him some, normally eight or ten rounds at a time He think's I get the ammo free because I reload! Most rifle cartridge's I don't let anyone else use in their rifle My case's are sized for the rifle I shoot them in! Might not fit in your rifle or could be they will blow your's up! Either way, ain't gonna happen!

·
Registered
106 Posts
:D No Reloading Blues for me today. Was out running an errand that put me near Cabela's. Decided to walk in and see if there was anything to be had; expecting nothing. Walked out with 3 pounds of shotgun powder. Left the other 20 pounds of other various powders (rifle, pistol, and shotgun) for the next person in need that is lucky enough to walk in and shop.

·
Premium Member
12,933 Posts
The only thing I'm short of is small pistol primers. The only thing I use them for is my 32-20's and I have 800+ rounds of that loaded from back when I shot Cowboy Action and what I loaded for the 1889 Marlin in 32-20 I bought last year. At the rate I shoot that could be a life time's supply.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
blue? you bet i'm blue! i have a new to me 25-20, brass for it, primers, powder,oh darn no bullets. that is NO bullets that i can use. this little pump needs 90gr or less and round nose flat nose or anything not ballistic tip. you guessed it there are some ballistic tip out there or 100gr plus bullets. AND no moulds to cast my own! i have a new toy and can not play with it. i am so mad i could tear a tissue! as a side issue, how can every site i looked at have a big deal at the top of the page telling me they are sooo behind with all the orders coming in, yet they are out of stock on everything.
"blue, blue my heart is blue"

rick

·
Registered
829 Posts
Mudman 35...

Check Meister bullets (cast) they have had 85 gr flatnose great quality bullets. I looked at em about 2 wks ago. Nicely cast w/ 2 groves full of blue lube. Weights very consistant..

They price em so you will buy a thousand (2x500 bags) inc postage but 100 is about $27, 1000 little less than 100, as I recall.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
blue? you bet i'm blue! i have a new to me 25-20, brass for it, primers, powder,oh darn no bullets. that is NO bullets that i can use. this little pump needs 90gr or less and round nose flat nose or anything not ballistic tip. you guessed it there are some ballistic tip out there or 100gr plus bullets. AND no moulds to cast my own! i have a new toy and can not play with it. i am so mad i could tear a tissue! as a side issue, how can every site i looked at have a big deal at the top of the page telling me they are sooo behind with all the orders coming in, yet they are out of stock on everything.
"blue, blue my heart is blue"

rick
I have seen that also where a particular company states that they are running behind on orders but yet almost everything is out of stock. How can an order take so long to fill when there is no stock to fill the order. Something very fishy going on. Like Dad used to say "Don't Pi$$ down my neck and tell me it's rainin".

Reactions: mudman35962

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
blue? you bet i'm blue! i have a new to me 25-20, brass for it, primers, powder,oh darn no bullets. that is NO bullets that i can use. this little pump needs 90gr or less and round nose flat nose or anything not ballistic tip. you guessed it there are some ballistic tip out there or 100gr plus bullets. AND no moulds to cast my own! i have a new toy and can not play with it. i am so mad i could tear a tissue! as a side issue, how can every site i looked at have a big deal at the top of the page telling me they are sooo behind with all the orders coming in, yet they are out of stock on everything."blue, blue my heart is blue"
rick
Maybe a custom mold? No experience dealing with any of them, but a quick search turned up a few custom makers with some molds for 25-20 listed as in stock. BTW, Meister Bullets lists their 85 grain RNFP available as of a couple of minutes ago, but with an 8 to 9 week delivery time. Anyways, good luck with your new rifle. :)

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
I have seen that also where a particular company states that they are running behind on orders but yet almost everything is out of stock. How can an order take so long to fill when there is no stock to fill the order. Something very fishy going on. Like Dad used to say "Don't Pi$$ down my neck and tell me it's rainin".
i just realized i have stuff ordered that has never shipped. went back on my e-mails and there it is."processing" my never ship. how will i know with my memory. what has happened to this country? "land of the free, home of the brave" now land of the "processing" rick

1 - 17 of 17 Posts