The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the 45 die for my reloading my 45 cx4 storm. I use Unique mostly. I just bought lead 45cal, RN 200 gr, for reloading the cx4 storm. What size primer is best and is Unique powder OK to use with this? Also is 200 too heavy ?

Joe

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
200 gr bullets are fine. You need large pistol primers, and it sounds like a reloading manual with load data. You will find all the charge data for unique and 200 gr bullets you can handle there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You, I have the books, just wasn't too sure because of whats needed to eject casing. I have only reloaded pistol , not knowledgeable on carbines.

Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
No, small primer brass is Ok with same loads. Follow the data.

·
Registered
69 Posts
JMS, I have a CX4 in 40 s&w. I've had some interesting test shooting to come up with a consistent reload at 30, 65, 85, and 100 yards. Unique has turned out to be my second best powder using either cast or jacketed bullets. Bullseye with 180 gr cast has been awesome. Had more trouble with jacketed bullets, did finally get some consistent good groups using Blue Dot. Blue Dot is flaky like Unique so you either need to weigh each charge or make sure dispenser is consistent.
One other thing was interesting. Lighter bullets, 165 gr on down, would shoot fine at 30 yards but always high from there out. The heavier bullets are much more consistent. This might be true in the 45ACP too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.