The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew that powder, primers, bullets, ammo, are all in short supply but after browsing the Midway USA site I just learned that they are out of presses! I've got a press, but to find out that even presses are in short supply :eek:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yep even Dillion has a 6-8 Week back order. I'm waiting on a caliber conversion, tool head, dies, and powder measure from them. Lots of new reloaders right now. I just hope they take the time to read, and learn.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I've made mention of this elsewhere; this is just another aspect of the frenzy. Thousands believe NOW is the time to learn reloading(it couldn't be any worse actually) I give shooters credit for trying to learn, but many are in it for the quick and easy. By summer there will lightly used presses by the sh*t ton for sale everywhere. And my offensive analysys; its similar to a health club after New Years, and by spring it will be all quiet again.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I've made mention of this elsewhere; this is just another aspect of the frenzy. Thousands believe NOW is the time to learn reloading(it couldn't be any worse actually) I give shooters credit for trying to learn, but many are in it for the quick and easy. By summer there will lightly used presses by the sh*t ton for sale everywhere. And my offensive analysys; its similar to a health club after New Years, and by spring it will be all quiet again.
I've had an old single stage Spartan press for years and use it plodding along loading slowly. Maybe after this panic is over and all these "new" modern presses come up for resale then I'll up grade and hopefully do it at about half price. Might not happen, but it's good to dream.:p

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
You can blame me guys. I bought the last Redding Big Boss from Sportsmans last Saturday. :D When the buying frenzy is over and reloading presses begin being dumped on the markey my press will remain where it is at. I agree, there will be a lot of smokin deals in ther near future.

Attachments

·
Registered
761 Posts
I agree with the statement about alot of presses will be for sale in a few months. i got into reloading mostly because of my son. he watchex utube and read about it on the internet. then i took a trip to NY to visit my bro in law and he reloads. he gaveus a lesson and told us alot of valuable info. but i have to say its hard to find stuff to load with as we all know. i just put it as another challange of reloading. but i really have to give cedit to my 12 yr old son who got me hooked. i have found that im hooked and would not give this up for anything. when i tell my wife im going to the command center she kinda laughs but knows dont bother me for hrs.. i cant forget the first time i shot my reloads i was scared as hell. but after the first range outting i found out this is it. i hope that people who rushed out and bought a press wont give up so fast. its really a self satisfing hobby. and thanks for all the help from the guys here im in it for the long run. thanks to LD, gdmoody , steve4102, &many others for the help and encouragement.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I agree with the statement about alot of presses will be for sale in a few months. i got into reloading mostly because of my son. he watchex utube and read about it on the internet. then i took a trip to NY to visit my bro in law and he reloads. he gaveus a lesson and told us alot of valuable info. but i have to say its hard to find stuff to load with as we all know. i just put it as another challange of reloading. but i really have to give cedit to my 12 yr old son who got me hooked. i have found that im hooked and would not give this up for anything. when i tell my wife im going to the command center she kinda laughs but knows dont bother me for hrs.. i cant forget the first time i shot my reloads i was scared as hell. but after the first range outting i found out this is it. i hope that people who rushed out and bought a press wont give up so fast. its really a self satisfing hobby. and thanks for all the help from the guys here im in it for the long run. thanks to LD, gdmoody , steve4102, 76highboy,
&many others for the help and encouragement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts