The Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new guy here with a question. My son called me today to tell me he bought a Remington model 7600 / 30-06 with gold inlay hunting scene. The guy told him the gun was 20 yrs old. Some specifics, Hi gloss, 22" barrel some of the factory lettering SPFD, Cal 5, SPRG (on barrel) Serial # B8153247. He also has the original box and all manuals. This gun was bought and never fired until my son bought it. Everything is like brand new. Absolutely no rust, nicks or wear of any kind. he has pics but being new i have to figure that out yet. Oh the scene is a deer running through some pines with a cabin in the background.

thank you for your time

swanny

·
Premium Member
9,578 Posts
It could be one of a couple of models I need to know length of barrel and see a pic of the checkering and rear sight.It looks like from what I can see it could be a roll mark made in the 1990-1993 time and could be worth between $500-$650 but need to see more of the gun to tell.If it is what I think it is it is considered to be a Grice special order model.
Mike

·
Premium Member
9,578 Posts
Yep I called it right:)
It is a Grice model made in 1993 and the worth is what I said.This a gun that is 1 of 500 made special order.
The value could be as high as $700+ to the right person.
It is a fine looking gun and in (from what I can tell) 98% condition with the box and papers it's value could be a little higher.
Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Model 7600, which is still being produced. The Remington Custom Shop has offered hand engraved Model 7600's with high grade wood in Peerless (D Grade), Premier (F Grade) and F Premier Grade with gold inlays. Between 1996 and 2003, standard grade 7600's came with roll engraved game scene panels o

Thanks for your help mike, i was told it was worth a bit more, but well see. I posted the above paragraph i found. How do i know what (D) (f) (f premier) my gun is? The only one that says gold inlay in ( f premier) is that mine is??

Thanks jason

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,578 Posts
I am only telling you what the book says.
This gun was a special order gun from Grice wholesalers.
From the book "In 1992 the deer hunting special,with roll marked,gold filled deer scene was offered.This model was repeated in 1993 with a cabin and game scene engraving."
Your gun is not a hand engraved or scrolled and is not the right ser.# to be the premier grade.
The premier has ALLOT more detailed engraving.
Mike

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
Your son has a good gun! It will be something that can be passed down thru the family fro many years. If the gun grabers don't get it!

·
Premium Member
9,578 Posts
This is a GREAT shooter! Very accurate and dependable and even if it is not what you may have thought it was remember there were not many of them like this and might be worth more in the future.
Mike

·
Premium Member
9,578 Posts
This is a 5 year old thread.
You need to start a new thread with more and close up pictures.
Take the pictures out side in natural light.
Mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.