Rem 870 Police model

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by ineedsoap16, May 1, 2009.

1. ineedsoap16

ineedsoap16 New Member

I'm a partime early morning / late night manager at a local foodstore a a side job. My boss keeps a rem 870 police model at our store loaded with a colapsable stock. I asked him where he got it and he said his brother in law is a locksmith that does a lotta work with the local pd, but won't say anything else about except use it if neccessary.

Fisrt question, I can'y find anything for state rights (DE) about using a firearm in a robbery siuation - will I go to jail?

and two, is this a "police issue firearm or is it just a LE type model and he wants to sound cool? The 12ga doe say stamped in the receiver "For law enforcement use only"

2. islenos

islenos Active Member

With that stamp, it was a police issued shotgun at one time.
    Check with your State and Local laws as to if and when you are able to use deadly force.

3. ineedsoap16

ineedsoap16 New Member

4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

What that stamp means is the stock was made between 1994 and 2004 (Assault Weapons Ban). Anything made during that time, that would be illegal for a citizen to have (because of the ban) was marked that way. Since September of '04, when the ban went away, that "LE Only" junk doesn't mean anything.