The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had recently come across a Remington 40x rifle in .222 with a Unertl 36x scope. I've been seeing a lot of mixed numbers on values and was wondering what the rifle/scope combo would go for. Both rifle and scope are in great shape (no pictures right now). I would say about 90%. Any thoughts on the value would be appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Witch Unertl scope??

If it is a programmer 200 the scope alone is worth about $1K... A 2" target about $800.

The rifle in 222 could be an older 40X base on the 722 or a newer 40XB based on the 700 action. Need to know what it is, an X, or an XB...Is the barrel stainless steel or blued?? How long is the barrel?

Need more info for an informed and accurate value. Pics would help as well.

Best regards, Kirk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I heard I need to have a certain amount of posts to upload pictures (I'm a new member). It's just an X, not an XB. Stainless steel barrel. I have no idea how to identify which scope it is. It's a fixed 36 power, serial number 75059. Focus from 50 ft. to 200 yards. Has the end caps, and Unertl mounts. 27'' Barrel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After looking up pictures and comparing the target scope vs. the programmer scope, I'll say that it's the Target scope.

·
Administrator
32,495 Posts
I think I heard I need to have a certain amount of posts to upload pictures (I'm a new member).
Nowhere on this forum does it state you must have a certain # of posts to add pictures. As a matter of fact, pictures are required for an accurate value.

So, if you want an accurate value, add the pictures as stated in the forum guidelines.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I think I heard I need to have a certain amount of posts to upload pictures (I'm a new member). It's just an X, not an XB. Stainless steel barrel. I have no idea how to identify which scope it is. It's a fixed 36 power, serial number 75059. Focus from 50 ft. to 200 yards. Has the end caps, and Unertl mounts. 27'' Barrel.
The scope sounds like a programmer 200...

The rifle with the older X action should not have a stainless barrel, and I believe it has been rebarreled at some point. Not unusual in a target rifle at all....

I would think that $1500- $1750 would be a fair price, if I were looking at it anyway...

Best regards, Kirk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts