Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Remington 41 Targetmaster

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Mar 2, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

jaybird
    (12/25/02 11:34:05 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All old 22
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i have an remington targermaster model 41
    i have done a little research own my own but still in the dark. i know that the model 41 was made between the years of 1936 39 and only 307,000 was made. my question is since my rifle dos'nt have a seiral number and the pation was still pending dose that make my rifle a prototype? if so what is it worth?

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/26/02 7:15:07 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: old 22
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jaybird, hello and welcome to The Firearms Forum.
    At nearly 307 thousand made hardly classifies the rifle as a prtotype.
    1 in 98% condition according to the 22 edition of Blue of Gun values prices it at $125.00.

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/26/02 9:04:39 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: old 22
    Hi Jaybird.....welcome to TFF.

Prior to the 1960's there was no federal law that all guns had to have serial numbers.....and many low priced guns did not. This is particularly true of single-shot .22s. I very much doubt if any of the Model 41s had serial numbers.

As for the "Patent Pending".....it was most likely for some slight change, so why hold up production.

jaybird
    (12/26/02 6:25:23 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del old 22
    thanks for the info. when someone see a gun that is way older than he is i quess the bells go off and lights start to flash. but one still has to dream of finding that treasure. even if it is in his own junk drawer. once again thanks.

2. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Well-Known Member

Take another look for that serial number under some good light. You will find it on the underside of the barrel, just forward of where the forearm of the stock stops. There are also a couple letters that you will probably only see after removing the stock. These letters can will tell you what month and year the gun was made--go to Remington's website to plug them in.

3. Dakota Red 1

Dakota Red 1 New Member

I don't seem to have a Ser# on mine either. It is a standard grade M41. Checked it out in sunlight with my glasses on. I did find a letter "J" down there. It is the only .22 rifle I have ever owned. It has put many, many meals on the table.