The Firearms Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Popeye I agree!.

I would still like to know where the folks at Remington had their heads. Marlin never made a semi-auto in 17HMR, I believe Ruger was going to, Remington did to their ultimate dismay! I find it difficult to believe Remington did not pay attention to the specs on that cartridge, I also find it difficult to believe they did not cross reference the specs to the 597. Making it right now,is a good thing.

When I teach a firearm saftey course in Massachusetts, I stress Saftey, Remington did not with 17HMR 597. I am more than chagrined with their R&D. I am glad no one got hurt, that I know of, because of their stupidity.

I had a malfunction/premature ignition with a 597 17HMR. It blew the mag out, the bolt handle and extractor. No injuries. I contacted Remy. Their first question, "Was anybody hurt?", I felt it was honest. They sent prepaid postage. They were very timely in their response. They are sending a replacement rifle. I am well pleased!!!

Thanks Remy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

597 Investigation and Legal Action

I have decided to pursue legal action because my 597 blew up and I cannot get fair compensation from Remington. My attorney has a long and successful history in gun cases. He and his team are investigating and would like to make contact with other 597 owners. If you would be willing to talk with him, please respond privately to me at mrfreefall@hotmail.com.

Thanks!

597 Investigation and Legal Action

I have decided to pursue legal action because my 597 blew up and I cannot get fair compensation from Remington. My attorney has a long and successful history in gun cases. He and his team are investigating and would like to make contact with other 597 owners. If you would be willing to talk with him, please respond privately to me at mrfreefall@hotmail.com.

Thanks!
Most people's idea of "FAIR COMPENSATION" is not really fair for someone...namely the company. Did you get hurt when the gun blew up? Did they offer to replace the firearm, or give you the retail amount for the gun?

I have no issues with someone being reimbursed for or a defective product or pain and suffering, but typically when someone lawyers up it means they want more than they deserve.

Most companies will go out of their way to make a person happy in a situation such as "my gun blew up due to a defect".......even more so when that defect was well known to the public.

IMO.....there is always more to the story and yours don't really say much.

I have heard...since Volquartsen is somewhat local to me....(fairly close to my parents and some of my friends) that they "fix" Remington 597s for a fee. From the same people I heard they function superbly after they get them back. They won't tell you what they do to them I guess either. As far as cost I heard $150 roughly dropped off and picked up at their door. I haven't seen or shot one of them that has been "fixed", but as impressive a company as Volquartsen is I definitely would not discount their work.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.