The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another of dad's hunting rifle clones, although this one definitely has more visible signs of wear than the others. Again, I have not found magazines for this or any other of his rifles. The scope is a Bushnell Sportview 3T09, and the only other info I can offer comes from dad's inventory notes:
"Model 700 BDL"
".30-06 SPRG"
"Blued Steel / Walnut stock"

IMG_9243.JPG
IMG_9244.JPG
IMG_9245.JPG
IMG_9246.JPG
IMG_9247.JPG
IMG_9248.JPG
IMG_9249.JPG
IMG_9250.JPG
IMG_9251.JPG
IMG_9254.JPG

·
Banned
2,004 Posts
The 700 is Remington's flagship rifle. This one shows some age and use. It does not use a magazine. You load it one shell at a time through the top. The Bushnell Sportview is a cheap scope and not well suited to a gun like this. This gun is in the 350 to 450 range. There was / is a recall on the triggers.

·
Super Moderator
26,198 Posts
The 700 BDL is my favorite rifle. I agee with the price range that Old Guns posted.
Look at the trigger, if it's smooth, it may be one of the recalls. If it has vertical ribs, it isn't.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Sportviews are a decent quality hunting/field scope. I've had them mounted on "Pre-64" Model 70s, Remington 721s and Ruger M77s (5 or 6 different .30-06 hunting rifles) - only because they worked better for me than some of the Weavers and Leupolds that I've had (that cost 3-4 times as much). I agree with the value assessment of the rifle in general, though.

Are you a Pawn Shop or other dealer? I am curious, because of the firearms being tagged and the 'inventory notes'. With the statement that these are your father's hunting rifles - and you know nothing of them (sounds peculiar to me) - leads me to believe that you are a dealer looking for a price on these to sell. If your Father owned the shop before you and these were his inventory - you could say these were **his hunting rifles**. Nothing wrong with that at all - I'm just curious.

·
Premium Member
17,453 Posts
Are you a Pawn Shop or other dealer? I am curious, because of the firearms being tagged and the 'inventory notes'. With the statement that these are your father's hunting rifles
I wondered about that too.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sportviews are a decent quality hunting/field scope. I've had them mounted on "Pre-64" Model 70s, Remington 721s and Ruger M77s (5 or 6 different .30-06 hunting rifles) - only because they worked better for me than some of the Weavers and Leupolds that I've had (that cost 3-4 times as much). I agree with the value assessment of the rifle in general, though.

Are you a Pawn Shop or other dealer? I am curious, because of the firearms being tagged and the 'inventory notes'. With the statement that these are your father's hunting rifles - and you know nothing of them (sounds peculiar to me) - leads me to believe that you are a dealer looking for a price on these to sell. If your Father owned the shop before you and these were his inventory - you could say these were **his hunting rifles**. Nothing wrong with that at all - I'm just curious.
Hi Jim,

All of the items I've posted were my father's personal guns. I will keep a few, but I simply have no need for such a large collection. I'm trying to gain enough knowledge to make sure I don't get fleeced, but my feeling is that most of these guns have a lot of life left in them and would be better off in the hands of people that can appreciate and enjoy them instead of collecting dust in my house somewhere.

There are a few that I will definitely hang on to, and I won't lie... even though I never inherited dad's passion for shooting, this "inventory assessment" has definitely rekindled some excitement to get to a range!

The "inventory notes" I have referred to is nothing more than a little box of index cards that I just recently found in the house. Just my father's personal records with some notes he recorded for each individual gun.

I've no doubt he would MUCH rather see these in the hands of people that will actually use them (as long as I don't get ripped off in the process lol!)... since joining this forum and seeing how many others were just as enamored with firearms as he was, I've started to wonder if he wasn't a member himself at any point! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting....

My post above originally included a link to my first posting in this forum... it seems that was edited out and the original thread has been removed.

I'm certainly not looking to argue with the forum mods, but if there is a specific reason the content was removed, please let me know. If I violated any forum guidelines, it certainly was not intentional.

Thx!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts