The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,128 Posts
I bought the 5 round extension from Choate (spelling?), love it; puts weight forward and it swings almost like an over/under and smooths out your swing plus gives you the extra capacity. It comes within about a 1/2" of the end of a 28" barrel.

sorry, this is the best pic I have of mine loaded to photobucket, ignore the 590 below

· Registered
3,128 Posts
OK, so more like an inch or so from the end of the barrel. A 26 would be too short by about 1/2" with this extension

· Registered
3,128 Posts
oh, gotcha. Yeah, that extension will stick past about 1/2" with the 26 but a 4 round would be ideal if you wanted to max out the tube underneath. you're wanting a shorter barrel though, sucks that you got the wrong gun!

· Registered
3,128 Posts
this is a good reminder for us to fight for what we have left here in the states!

best wishes to ya, I hope you can find a way to get the gun you wanted without getting squished on gun ownership completely.

· Registered
3,128 Posts
That's a fantastic option for a home defense gun IMO, I have a special place in my heart for the old 870. The barrels are interchangeable with the 870 models.

choke tubes would give you a huge advantage of range over standard cylinder bore. A skeet choke or at least improved cylinder will keep your pattern a bit tighter and allow for longer shots/hits.

most people want the thing to scatter shot everywhere at close range but at 15' it doesn't really make much difference. but much past 25yds, cylinder bore is mostly worthless with shot compared to a moderate choked gun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.