The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remington used to advertise that the 870 wingmaster receiver was machined from a solid block of steel and there were no stamped parts. Yesterday I looked at an 870 tactical 12 ga. and the receiver looked like it was stamped. I compared it to an older used 870 and they did not look the same. Does anyone know it Remington has changed the way the receivers are made?

· Adminstrator
11,800 Posts
Have you contacted Remington concerning this matter ?

We can only guess since we had no hand in production. Since Remington made the part why not go directly to the source. Then let the rest of us know. :)

· Registered
1,329 Posts
870 Express Tactical Magpul
Overview:

No task is too demanding and no challenge is too intense with our rugged, ultra-dependable and ever-expanding selection of tactical shotguns. Our lineup keeps growing to serve the needs of law enforcement, the military, competitive shooters and people defending their homes and loved ones.

When you're in the most demanding environments and every second counts, Remington's tactical shotguns give you the confidence and firepower to get the job done.
Key Features:

Tried and true 870 receiver milled from solid steel
18.5" barrel with extended tactical choke tube
Receiver and barrel features tough, weather resistant Cerakote coating
One piece magazine tube
Fully adjustable XS Ghost Ring Sight rain with removable white bead front sight
SGA Magpul stock
Spacer system for length of pull adjustment
Cheek risers for use with optics/raised sights
MOE fore-end with improved grip ergonomics
SuperCell™ pad reduces felt recoil by over 50%

· Registered
1,329 Posts
I've got a wingmaster receiver and an 870 express I thought about changing them out because the older one does indeed look better

· Registered
18,148 Posts
They've always been milled. They changed some of the internals to less expensive stamped parts, but the receivers have always been milled steel. They did downsize the 20 ga receiver to a proprietary size dimensioned just for the 20 ga shell to cut weight. It was formerly built on the 12 ga receiver and obviously a bit heavier because the smaller bore required to utilize .20 ga.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.