The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/remington-asset-bids-revealed-ruger-gets-marlin-vista-gets-remington-ammo-franklin-armory-gets-bushmaster/?fbclid=IwAR30RiprvTXEXLa4Z8UTpzdkKWQ4Fx2hZolfNDmi4e3ziBsPPRZniw7dY8I

The bidding process for the sale of most of the assets of Remington Outdoor, Inc. is now complete. The debtors — Remington — have selected the successful bidders for each asset or asset bundle, along with backup bidders, and you can read the complete court filing here which details all of the assets purchased.

The bankruptcy court still needs to approve the successful bids, but they are as follows:

• Vista Outdoor, Inc. as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit A with respect to the Lonoke Ammunitions Business and certain IP assets; and SIG Sauer, Inc. as the Backup Bidder thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit B with respect to the Lonoke Ammunitions Business;

• Roundhill Group, LLC as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit C with respect to the non-Marlin Firearms Business; and Huntsman Holdings, LLC and Century Arms, Inc. as the Backup Bidders thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit D with respect to certain Firearms Business IP assets and Exhibit E with respect to certain non-Marlin Firearms Business inventory, respectively;

• Sierra Bullets, L.L.C. as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit F with respect to the Barnes Ammunitions Business; and Barnes Acquisition LLC as the Backup Bidder thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit G with respect to the Barnes Ammunitions Business;

• Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit H with respect to the Marlin Firearms Business; and Long Range Acquisition LLC as the Backup Bidder thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit I with respect to the Marlin Firearms Business;

• JJE Capital Holdings, LLC as the Successful Bidder with respect to the DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC, and Parker brands;

• Franklin Armory Holdings, Inc., or its designated assignee, as the Successful Bidder with respect to the Bushmaster brand and certain related assets; and

• Sportsman’s Warehouse, Inc. as the Successful Bidder with respect to the Tapco brand.

The hearing to approve the winning bids will take place on Tuesday, September 29. Watch this space.

·
Premium Member
19,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They didn't say anything about their rifles and shotguns. Ruger has a bid in for everything. The people at Ruger are very smart and have never put the company into debt.

·
Premium Member
19,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They sold off the machinery and equipment and is being pulled out today. Looks like no more Remington rifles and shotguns at least for now maybe forever.

·
Premium Member
11,203 Posts
That can only be good for Marlin. Hopefully they'll get back to more elegant and sleek lever rifles rather than the baseball bats Remington put out.

·
Super Moderator
25,736 Posts
Ruger only purchased the Marlin line, not the Remington rifle or ammunition.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I bought a Marlin 60 in 2018. It shot 4" groups at 50 feet. They replaced it; didn't even try to fix it. The magazine tube fell off the new one.

It would be neat if Marlin firearms suddenly were not garbage. Ruger is up to the job.

·
TFF Chaplain
18,889 Posts
That's great news for Marlin. My Marlin 1894 is fundamentally a great rifle. It was made by Marlin before Remington took it over. From what I hear, the QC fell quite a bit after that time. Now under Ruger management it should get back up to spec.

·
Premium Member
19,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Roundhill Group LLC Purchases Remington Firearms

Lancaster, PA — Roundhill Group, LLC, an investment company with headquarters in Pennsylvania and Florida announced that it is purchasing Remington Firearms. The purchase includes all long guns, shotguns, pistols, the firearms manufacturing facilities, museum and giftshop.

With this acquisition have come many industry questions and rumors. Roundhill Group LLC partner and spokesman, Jeff Edwards addresses these issues:

“As is known, Roundhill Group LLC and a group of experienced firearms manufacturing and hunting industry professionals is in the process of purchasing Remington Firearms. Our intent with this acquisition is to return the company to its traditional place as an iconic American hunting brand. We intend to maintain, care for and nurture the brand and all of the dedicated employees who have crafted these products over the years for outdoors men and women both here in the USA and abroad. More than anything we want to make Remington a household name that is spoken with pride.”

The Roundhill Group is comprised of a group of individuals all of whom have years of experience in engineering, manufacturing and marketing both in and outside of the firearms space. They are all life-long hunting advocates and staunch Remington brand loyalists. They will work tirelessly to ensure that this company takes its rightful place as the iconic American brand that it was and still is.

About Jeff Edwards

With more than 26 years of industry experience, Jeff currently is managing partner at Stryk Group, an impact consulting company for the world’s leading hunting, camping, fishing and firearms brands. He has held positions with leading outdoor companies such as *********.com, Hoyt Archery, Defiance Machine and others. He has hunted all over the US and abroad. His reason for purchasing Remington Firearms: “Remington, to me, represents the Harley Davidsons of the hunting firearms industry. It is one of the oldest firearms companies and to have this opportunity to invest my time and energy to revitalize the brand that I love and truly believe in is a dream come true. I can’t wait for the day when it has the loyalty, prestige and following it once had. It won’t be long. Just wait and see.”
https://thinkingafield.org/2020/10/roundhill-group-llc-purchases-remington-firearms.html

·
Premium Member
11,203 Posts
I'm not nor have I ever been a Remington guy. However, that is good news that I'm glad to hear. Remington has been a part of the firearms world and the manufacturing industry in general since the early 1800's. It would be a shame to see the brand disappear.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Without looking, I believe I have 8 Remingtons in the safe. Always liked the brand , but realize that their quality wasn't what it once was. All of my Rems ,being a little older, look very nice, and perform well. Sorry to hear of their bankruptcy, but hopefully the new company will bring them back to their early years.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts