Remington Is Filing Bankruptcy (Again)

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by WillieB, Jul 29, 2020.

1. WillieB

WillieB Well-Known Member

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/remington-arms-bankruptcy-surging-gun-demand

I guess their debts are eating them alive and even the recent surge in gun sales isn’t going to save them. I haven’t heard much good about Remington firearms over the last several years. Perhaps they need to work on quality control and product development a little more if they manage to restructure after this. To hear most talk, the 870 is the last good gun they made. (And I happen to love my old 12 gauge 870.)

What are y’all’s thoughts?

chaswea and Common Sense like this.
  2. Empty_Holster

Empty_Holster Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Poor management and large bonuses will do that to any company!!

3. howlnmad

howlnmad Old Guy Doing Things Moderator Supporting Member

4. ms6852

ms6852 GUNZILLA Supporting Member

Again! I thought there was an Indian Nation that was going to buy it! Wonder what happened.

WillieB, Shooter45, chaswea and 3 others like this.
  5. Common Sense

Common Sense Member

That's sad. On the bright side, hopefully someone will buy the company, or at least replace the void with an even better line of firearms?

The article mentions the stupid lawsuit over the Sandy Hook thing - I have no doubt that greatly impacted the bankruptcy, perhaps it was the 'nail in the coffin'. It's a strategy from the anti-gunners that we will likely see more of in the future.
    And like Empty Holster said about poor management and big bonuses, that never helps either.

Time will tell.

WillieB, Shooter45 and chaswea like this.
  6. shootbrownelk

shootbrownelk Well-Known Member

All the crappy, cheap bolt action rifles they came out with that were in direct competition with their flagship 700 series rifles sure didn't help. Then there were all the lawsuits against them for the dangerous trigger/safety that they denied for decades. Then there was the failed AR 30. The list of stupid moves they made are endless. They cheapened the 870's to where the guns rusted in their shipping boxes, and the use of cast parts instead of the old machined ones. The only good Remingtons I have are a 1963 model 700 ADL and a model 660 carbine. The trigger/safeties on them are Timneys now.

7. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Well-Known Member

This is the result of Big Business beancounters running a business they have concept of the product line, or what the customer wants.
    Pretty soon, the Remington name will only be stamped on China-made athletic clothing, sunglasses and other nongun bric-a-brac.
    This is the antigunners new methodology. Buy an ailing gun company, purposely run it into the ground to ruination. Rinse and repeat. Pretty soon no more gun companies.

Common Sense, WillieB and chaswea like this.
  8. 9026543

9026543 Well-Known Member

The only Remington product I own is a RM380 which has been absolutely trouble free right of the box. Have run 500 rounds thru it both factory and my own reloads with no problems.

WillieB and chaswea like this.
  9. ysacres

ysacres Moderator Moderator Supporting Member

Copied...

For more than 200 years, Remington firearms have been forged from the untamed spirit that will always define our nation. The proud tradition that began with Eliphalet Remington’s first hand-built rifle in 1816, continues to this day. Remington innovation is always ahead of its time, as evidenced by our rich history and long line of legendary firearms. The Model 700 and Model 870 have claimed their rightful places among the best-selling firearms of all time. Today, the Versa Max is quickly becoming the go-to firearm of choice for hardcore waterfowlers and the most demanding 3-gun competitors—an American icon on the rise. And Remington handguns like the Model 1911 R1 and the R51 are reinventing shootability and redefining performance. At our state-of-the-art R&D facility – the Rock – we're shattering convention and setting the performance standard all others must follow. As new generations inherit the American sporting heritage, we continue to expand, – building new plants and acquiring new companies to meet the challenge of increased demand. Revolutionizing an industry. Building a nation. Remington Country is, was and always will be bigger than any one place—boundless as the American spirit.

WillieB and chaswea like this.
  10. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I hope they can fix this. They make some very good shotguns. Almost all the new shooters at my club start with an 870. Never see a problem with them. The 1100 is a very good clay killer. I like the Marlin lever guns. I have a 44 mag 1895 and it is very accurate. Their 1911 is also a very good handgun.

This problem in mismanagement not poor quality guns.