Remington Model 514

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

RobC in Missouri
    (9/28/01 8:04:43 am)
    Reply Remington Model 514
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Without checking sources, does anyone know if the Remington Model 514 has achieved C&R status yet (were any produced over 50 years ago)? I know it would be difficult to check since they weren't serial numbered, but...

I once picked one up for a princely sum of $15, complete with M1 carbine jump case, and my wife quickly took ot over as her gun. Would love to get her another one someday.

Anyone have a 514 for sale, perferably in Missouri, so we wouldn't have to go through the dealer/NICS rigamarole?

RobC in Missouri
    (probably should move this to the Buy/Sell/Trade forum)

AntiqueDr
    (9/28/01 8:23:24 am)
    Reply Re: Remington Model 514
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    514's began production 1948, but remained until about 1970. They would have been serialized after 1968.

The only 514's that MIGHT be eligible as C&R, based solely on age, would have barrel codes TT, UU, or WW. Pretty thin, though...

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

LIKTOSHOOT
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (9/28/01 8:28:22 am)
    Reply Re: Remington Model 514
    Got one with a "LXX" barrel code and sports a "4" on the other side, nicely browned and still an excellent shooter, not fer sale though.....love them singles. LTS
    America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......