Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Remington Model 700 .243

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Mar 2, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

chad
    (12/15/02 4:40:12 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Remington 700 .243
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've got a Rem. 700 .243 with a Bushnel 45mm scope. I've had the gun for 10 years, never went hunting with it. It's been in a gun vault for most of this time. Only shot three boxes of shells through it. It came with a smaller scope, I added the Bushnell about five years ago, sighted the scope in, cleaned the gun, and put it a way. I'm not sure if i want to sell the gun yet, but I'm interested in what I could get for it.

Edited by: chad at: 12/15/02 4:42:13 pm

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/15/02 5:38:19 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Remington 700 .243
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    First off is it a ADL or BDL? Next is it a wood or composite stock?

All of these will either bring the price up or drop it down and are needed to give you a true idea of what it is worth.

Having a scope on it won't increase the value much at all though much as I hate to tell you.

chad
    (12/15/02 9:41:25 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del .243
    Sorry about that I forgot to mention that the stock is wood. What is the difference in ADL and BDL? I've heard before, but I have forgotten.

Edited by: chad at: 12/15/02 9:43:56 pm

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/15/02 9:54:50 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: .243
    As I recall and believe me I have trouble with it as well. ADL means the magazine (well floor plate actually I think it's called) doesn't come out of the bottom to take ammo out and BDL does (not all the way mind you but it will pop down). The BDL makes it easier to take ammo out if you don't shoot it all. Just a higher upgrade in the rifle itself.

I know my terminology isn't very good but I never was very good at words.

Okay here's what I have brand new .243 in BDL suggested retail price is $681.

They don't have one in .243 in ADL (this is from the Remington site itself - so it would depend on the area you were in what retail for a new one would go).

Used - well even in excellent shape it's not going to command the same price.

Edited by: TallTLynn at: 12/15/02 9:58:14 pm

chad
    (12/15/02 10:37:43 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: .243
    It must be a BDL, the stock is solid across the bottom. Thanks for the help. I really don't want to sell it, but just keeping it in mind.