Remington Nylon 11 Disassembly

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 24, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

trackerdan
    (12/27/02 5:35:58 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Remington Nylon 11
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I have just acquired a Remington Nylon 11 and cannot figure out how to remove the reciever/barrel assembly from the stocks enclosed forearm. There is a large screw underneath by the trigger guard; but when I remove it I still cannot get enough rise on the reciever to slide out the barrel assembly.

Any help or references would be greatly appreciated as I do not want to harm this fine little plinker.

Thanks and have a safe New Years,

TD

Hadaway
    (12/29/02 12:50:00 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Remington Nylon 77
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You must first remove the top cover before you can remove the barrel.

1 - Remove the bolt handle by pulling it straight out of the bolt.

2 - Remove the 2 screws that hold the top cover in place. They run from right to left under the ejection port.

3 - Slide the cover straight up and off of the stock. At this point, the ejector will usually fall out its slot on the left side of the stock. Don't freak, its not that big a deal. The ejector is fairly large and somewhat horseshoe shaped, and can only be installed one way.

4 - Unscrew the barrel retaining screw, the one you removed earlier. While you are unscrewing this screw, keep it pushed up in its recess. You will see the barrel retaining bracket move upward out of its notch in the barrel. When it has cleared the notch, slide the barrel foreward and out of the stock.

You can now remove the bolt and striker for cleaning.

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, REMOVE, PUSH ON, OR THINK ABOUT TOUCHING ANY PINS YOU SEE IN THE STOCK WHILE THE TOP COVER IS REMOVED. IF YOU DO, YOU WILL BE TAKING THE GUN TO A GUNSMITH FOR REASSEMBLY!!! Trust me. I've make a few house payments reassembling Nylon 66/77 that my customers have taken apart to clean.

Have fun. At least removing the barrel is a piece of cake.

Thanks,
    Lee Hadaway
    www.thearmsroom.com