The Firearms Forum banner

Remington Rand 1911

4K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  TheGunClinger 
#1 ·
Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Airsoft gun
I would like to now the value of this Remington Rand M1911A1, in near mint condition, ( a little dirty the day I took the photo) It was my Dads, WW2. It is engraved on the left side of the slide with his name. What does this do to value and collectability. I have no heirs. If it has value I will sell, if not, I will use it as my carry weapon.

See less See more
#5 ·
1943 would be correct. In August of 43 161,732 R/Rands ,Contract# W-740-ord-2441were received somewhere? (I'll keep digging). The grips being different might suggest that the weapon went through an arsenal refurbish but I see no arsenal stamps so who knows ?

#6 ·
Thanks, I had not noticed the grips being different. This Pistol, to my knowledge, is as issued, The last time it was fired was in the 50's when I sneaked it out of the house and went out in the country and shot it, maybe 20 or 30 rounds. Thanks again and please let me know if you have more info.

#11 ·
Collectors can be very discriminating if they are serious about their hobby.
Some, on the other hand, will buy only because it is a US Property 1911.
For a serious collector the engraved name will decrease the value ( unless it is someone famous which could add value) and the mark from the slide stop is also frowned on. Then there's the unmatched
grips which is an easy fix.
Now, your pistol isn't junk but I would rate your 1911 as "good" condition and should bring $1200 to $1500. BUT, there is a market for these old 1911's and just maybe someone would be willing to pay more. Are you confused yet ? :D Personally, I would hold on to that pistol for a few years as value WILL increase as the supply dwindles. As supply goes down buyers will overlook the "flaws" on your 1911 and pay well. Just be patient.
Just my .02

#15 ·
Collectors can be very discriminating if they are serious about their hobby.
Some, on the other hand, will buy only because it is a US Property 1911.
For a serious collector the engraved name will decrease the value ( unless it is someone famous which could add value) and the mark from the slide stop is also frowned on. Then there's the unmatched
grips which is an easy fix.
Now, your pistol isn't junk but I would rate your 1911 as "good" condition and should bring $1200 to $1500. BUT, there is a market for these old 1911's and just maybe someone would be willing to pay more. Are you confused yet ? :D Personally, I would hold on to that pistol for a few years as value WILL increase as the supply dwindles. As supply goes down buyers will overlook the "flaws" on your 1911 and pay well. Just be patient.
Just my .02
Thanks, your input is much appreciated.

#18 ·
Its hard to tell from the angle of pics but it looks like the ring around screw hole on left is wider than right side. Wide ring is RR and narrower ring would be Colt. Like I say, it might just be how the pic is presented.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.