The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
I am going to answer both of your threads at the same time.
You have a couple of rare rifles. I can't even remember the last time I had seen one at auction , never mind two belonging to the same owner.
We can throw out all sorts of numbers as to the value but in reality I strongly suggest that you have your rifles appraised by a pro with hands on experiance.

·
Super Moderator
38,468 Posts
Same with this one, better pictures might help.

·
Registered
49 Posts
They are BEAUTIFUL!. I have to make you and offer. I got broken glass, 2 empty wine bottles (with corks) and a $1.57 that is burning a hole in my pocket. What do you say ...deal? Really really outstanding.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Now that we are talking about the Remington rolling block No 4 , ( and not a Stevens Number 4 Rolling Block ) we can put a value to these rifles. They should be worth around $350 each. If the barrels are in exellent condition the value could be as high as $450. It all depends on the condition upon inspection.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Made from 1890 to 1933. Introduced as a solid frame, in 1901 they came out with the takedown model with a side lever release. In 1926, it was changed to the thumbscrew style like you have, until 1933.
Either of your No.4's would start at $400 on an auction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts