The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
I wonder if that great museum they had at Ilion is still intact or if it got sold off.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
According to the article Remington is moving equipment from Huntsville back to N.Y.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'd like to see Remington bring back their revolvers such as the New Army C&B and the 1875.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I never understood why the moved to Huntsville in the first place? They kept all their old suppliers, refused to do business with the folks down here and expected things to change? Almost as bad as VW building a plant in TN but keeping all their old suppliers from back in germany - what's the point

·
Premium Member
18,715 Posts
Vista Outdoors which bought the rights to Remington Ammo name etc. is to start up the ammo plant in Lonoke AR and they say they will run the plant 24/7 producing ammo. The plant sits on 1200 fenced acres.
With the ammo shortage in this country they need to run their plant 48/14 for the next year or so!

·
Super Moderator
28,006 Posts
Hopefully they will start making ammo too!
They haven't stopped. We visited our daughter in Little Rock back between Christmas and New Year. Drove past the ammo plant just east of there and the parking lot was full of cars.

Reactions: PumpThumper

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Hopefully Remington will start producing higher quality 22LR ammo, but I doubt that because they will still be using the same old equipment, and the new bean counters will only be concerned about production output. The old adage of, quantity over quality. They’ll also need to increase their quality control for their firearms, or Remington will be in bankruptcy court again.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Not all NY people hate them just down in the city. The rest of us want them to stay. Thats close to 90% of NY want them here.
Copy that. Sorry if I offended anyone. When I hear NY I think of the city folk.

·
Premium Member
18,715 Posts
Copy that. Sorry if I offended anyone. When I hear NY I think of the city folk.
Up here where i am within 5 minutes of my house you can have a chance at bear, deer, turkey, .and coyotes. Quite a difference from what you might run into 5 hours south of me in the city!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Up here where i am within 5 minutes of my house you can have a chance at bear, deer, turkey, .and coyotes. Quite a difference from what you might run into 5 hours south of me in the city!
It's the same for me, minus the turkeys. Two hours from my house is that festering boil on the ass of the state, known as Portland. Unless antifa finally burned it down last night and I haven't heard. ;)

·
Premium Member
19,857 Posts
I think Remington is making ammo now. My club bought 100 flats of Gun Clubs a month ago.

Reactions: joe45c

·
Registered
54 Posts
I might be a bit too optimistic, but my thinking is when the ammo situation calms down and the supply finally meets the demand, there will likely be a period of excess supply (at least for a little while), which means lower ammo prices!! Granted, that would require no new laws or executive orders to screw up the supply (or increase demand), which, given the Biden/Harris Duo of Stupidity is very likely. :(

I hope I'm right about lower prices and wrong about new legislation/exec. orders! :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts