Rephrased: What do you sight your scope in at and why?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns Guest

stuporman
    (3/3/03 6:05:28 pm)
    Reply Rephrased: What do you sight your scope in at and why?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not looking for help with ballistics, just looking for where you guys/gals/others sight in your bullseyes on your scopes.

What yardage, and why...and does it work well?

Hope this makes more sense at what I was asking for discussion.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/3/03 6:52:32 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Rephrased: What do you sight your scope in at and why?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well it depends.

If you know what range you are going to be doing your shooting at and have the room then sight it in at that range. If you don't have the room then you will need to sight in at the closer range and consult a ballistics chart to know where you are going to be shooting.

My high powers I usually sight in at 200 yards. Most of my deer shots are 200 to 300 yards.

.22s I sight in at 30 yards or so.

stuporman
    (3/3/03 8:21:49 pm)
    Reply 30 yards sounds good...that is the apex of bullet curve
    30 yards is the apex of my hunting ammo.

If I sight it in there, I could just shoot at the top of the animals head...knowing I will hit there or anywhere just below it if I am unsure of range.

Thanks for the info!

outdoorsman260
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/4/03 4:40:25 pm)
    Reply Re: 30 yards sounds good...that is the apex of bullet curve
    I sight my .22's in at 50-60 yards, because I shoot groundhogs with my .22's, and that's about the range I do most of my shooting.
    blake.prohosting.com/~redneck4