The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fella in gun club wants to sell a Century Arms AKM, the Polish underfolder that got shot; yeah, thats right, a bullet hole thru it! The bullet went thru the upper part near the rear behind the bolt carrier. Everything seems ok but the recoil spring and safety lever. Don't ask how, he won't say! Anyhow, can that receiver be removed and the parts put back together on a new receiver? Does Century sell their receivers or can I just pick one up on ********* or such? I've viewed videos on building and think I can pretty much get the rivets out and peel off the damaged receiver but can I put this stuff back into a new receiver myself or is it a gunsmiths job? A complete ready to go rec. should have its own number, no?

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
The reciever is the gun.. Get a stripped stamped lower reciever for an AK, If its an underfolder it shouldnt have a safety.. And get a new recoil spring and guide if they are damaged. The gun as it is is a parts gun.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Only half the challenge on the AK is getting the rivets out. The other half is getting them in and tight. WO the proper blocks, its a challenge. Having a gunsmith do it would cost as much as just buying a working AK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.