Replace Firing Pin 755A Savage Cleaning

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Jmg198, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Jmg198

Jmg198 New Member

I broke the firing pin of my 755A Savage 12 gauge shotgun last thursday and am going to attempt to replace it, once I find a replacement. I have been using this gun to shoot trap for a few months. I have The Gun Digest of Firearms Disassembly book that shows how to take the gun apart. Has anyone used this book? Is the book specific enough for someone who has never taken a semi apart? Also, I would like to clean the inside parts while I have it apart. What is the best method for doing this? What should I use to clean the parts and what and where should I oil? What oil is best to use? Or should I use grease or neither? I will appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks!