The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if it is still possible to purchase a NEW (not used) replacement receiver sight base JUST LIKE the one in these photos which is mounted on my Anschutz model 1411 - match 54 rifle ?

What is the correct name for this type of base, so that I might do a search for it ?

My searches has found a base for Anschutz rifles but it is not configured like this one. Please notice that my current one has an extension on the right hand side (opposite the bolt handle) on which the rear peep sight would be attached to.

The ones that I have found offered by Anschutz are just a flat topped base that fits on the receiver's dovetail BUT it does not have the extension on the right side. If this extension is not on the right side, isn't that going to cause the peep sight to not be properly aligned over the bore's center line - more than can be compensated for by the peep sights windage adjustment ?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Your pictures are so large that I can't see exactly what you have there.

But I think Champion SS has the base you need.
They have two bases on this page, click on the drop down box where it says "Lyman 90 MJT", there are two to pick from for $13.75.
http://www.championshooters.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=1489&virtuemart_category_id=103&Itemid=111

EDIT: I zoomed out, somehow it was on 200%. I see now it looks like a top mount, not a side mount sight base you need. If you don't find it on Champions website call them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.