The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello,

I have an old old h&r break top pistol that will not eject the spent shells with the pop up ejector. It appears a part is missing missing that engages the hook wheel and lower frame. Does anybody have a source for that part?
The wheel with the hook has notches on the bottom. It seems some part engages those notches to function the ejector. That the part I'm missing.
Some more pics to help a pro I'd the model.
Fixture Wood Household hardware Door Gas
Bumper Wood Automotive exterior Wood stain Hardwood
Wood Wrist Body jewelry Human leg Art

· Registered
9,529 Posts
Try Gun Parts (Numrich) phone 845-679-7278. They are out of West Hurley New York. I've dealt with them in the past and they are reputable. I think you can go on-line still and look are various models to see what it is that you need.

· Registered
195 Posts
If the part your missing is the one that you show in your last picture, that is an extractor bypass button and its' spring. When this is at rest the revolver ejects all the cartridges when opened. When depressed it allows the revolver to be opened and none of the cases to be ejected. I found the one I needed on eBay.

This feature was discontinued in 1895.
You take good pictures.
The correct cartridge is the .32 S&W, not the .32 S&W Long.
Below is an example of what the piece looks like when installed.

With best regards,
Jeff
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks,

I'm finding out alot more about this revolver as I go. Also who long is the spring? I did manage to source an extractor bypass button. But only the button. I'm searching for a spring.

I also have a question in regards to caliber. It chambers a 32 s&w long case but it appears the case is to small a diameter for the cylinder? See photos. What caliber could this revolver be?
Wood Trigger Bullet Gun accessory Shotgun

1 - 9 of 9 Posts