Replacing sights on my Kimber saga

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by ChuckR, Jun 20, 2019.

1. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

OK, here's my story sad but true :) :). Replaced both my sites in my Kimber micro 9 with Tru-Glo sites, Removing sites went well. Replacing front site took awhile to fit but went ok. When I was replacing the rear site there is a spring that goes under the site and I was carefully (I thought!!) keeping it depressed as I slid the rear site on. When I was done, and finished patting myself on the back for a job well done, I discovered that I sheared one curl off the spring :( :(. I have ordered a new spring but want to know what would happen if I shot the gun as is while waiting for the new spring?? Thanks for all thoughts.

2. vassago

vassago Well-Known Member

It is the firing pin block spring and it may still function with a coil less.
    Shooting it shouldn't harm the gun but the firing pin (drop) safety feature may be disabled or at least not reliable.

3. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

vassago
    Thanks for the reply, I did take it to the range and carefully ran several magazines thru it with no problem except I need to align the sites some more :) :) But I will wait until the new spring arrives and install it before any more range time.