Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,038 Posts
Sweet piece and the price is nice too.

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
Mine is one of the best shooters you would ever want. I would put it up against just about any of my higher dollar 1911s any day. Never a hickup and groups great. Worth every dime.

·
Registered
672 Posts
What does the 10mm equate to in standard measurements? .40? or what?

What calibre would you compare it to MV wise etc.?

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
The 40 is the same as the 10mm diameter wise. The 40 was born from the 10mm being too much round for some folks....

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
the 10mm is about the most powerful semi-auto round out there, my next 1911 will be in 10mm.

I was originally looking at fusion firearm's longslide kit to build one but I like the RIA for the price and convenience.

If money was no object, I would be getting an STI spartan (longslide 10mm) but the RIA will have to do for now... very nice lookin' gun.

·
Registered
672 Posts
The 40 is the same as the 10mm diameter wise. The 40 was born from the 10mm being too much round for some folks....
I did a little reading on it, pretty respectable MV and ft lbs of energy, surpassing the .45 acp by a fair margin, while using a lighter projectile, I would imagine the felt recoil is somewhat more than the .45 acp then?

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
the 10mm is about the most powerful semi-auto round out there, my next 1911 will be in 10mm.

I was originally looking at fusion firearm's longslide kit to build one but I like the RIA for the price and convenience.

If money was no object, I would be getting an STI spartan (longslide 10mm) but the RIA will have to do for now... very nice lookin' gun.
I believe the Desert Eagle people would be willin to argue that one.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have a rock in .45 and a smith 1006 in 10mm. I shoot and carry the rock more often. Love the 10mm first auto I ever bought in 95. But I love my 1911..

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I believe the Desert Eagle people would be willin to argue that one.
sure, but just sayin as far as mainstream calibers are concnerned. .357 or .50 certainly has more power! :D

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Will an RIA handle 10mm with that cast frame?

·
Banned
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine is one of the best shooters you would ever want. I would put it up against just about any of my higher dollar 1911s any day. Never a hickup and groups great. Worth every dime.

DD, any issues so far, feeding etc.?

I have been doing some review research and some of it is not that great.

Failure to feed with a full Mag?

Slide locking back on a loaded mag?

Nothing major, just some unwanted bugs.

Any issues with the very weak 14lb recoil spring?

My Dan Wesson runs a 22, but I have gone as far as a 24lb spring.

I'm going to buy a Wolff Calibration kit from 18.5 to 24lbs and do some testing.

I'm looking forward to this, for sure.

·
Banned
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sure, but just sayin as far as mainstream calibers are concnerned. .357 or .50 certainly has more power! :D
The 50 yes, the 357, not so much.

Hodgdon data for the 357 180gr bullet has a max velocity of 1422fps. That's smokin, but it is also out of a 10 inch barrel. Using QL and reducing the barrel length to 5 inches, that load is now 1220fps.

Hodgdon data for the 10MM with 180gr and 5 inch barrel has a max velocity of 1287fps.

Not much difference at all.

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
DD, any issues so far, feeding etc.?

I have been doing some review research and some of it is not that great.

Failure to feed with a full Mag?

Slide locking back on a loaded mag?

Nothing major, just some unwanted bugs.

Any issues with the very weak 14lb recoil spring?

My Dan Wesson runs a 22, but I have gone as far as a 24lb spring.

I'm going to buy a Wolff Calibration kit from 18.5 to 24lbs and do some testing.

I'm looking forward to this, for sure.
I have done everything I know how to do to make mine not feed. It refuses to not feed. It doesnt matter if you limp wrist it, shoot it upside down, use cheap magazines, any kind of ammo you want, it doesnt skip a beat. One of the best shooting 1911s I have ever owned. I can make one ragged hole at 15yds and it is consistent. I wouldnt hesitate to buy another one. I dont know about the 10mm but the 45 is great.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Now that is funny.
DD shootin' something that's NOT .45........hmmm.
I can't see it. :):)

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
Now that is funny.
DD shootin' something that's NOT .45........hmmm.
I can't see it. :):)
Well, I actually do own other calibers you know. I just dont shoot them very often.....:)

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
I know....you've told me before,
several times.....
But I know your love for the .45
and I've never seen you hold anything else.
I think you're pulling my leg. :):)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Give us some pics and a range report when you get it!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts