The Firearms Forum banner

RIA M206, latest toy

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  soundguy 
#1 ·
Got my 206 last night on the way home. It's going to be my new discreet carry gun. As you know it's a snubby with small wood grip. Currently I'm carrying either a keltec p32 or p3at. 32/380 acp. Florida is hot.. And my current job keeps me in shorts 11m out of the year.. So compact guns are my only carry option. I love revolvers..but has to be a snubby. It's going to get sweated on.. So... I didn't want anything nice... Then this m206 popped up in a sale email... Fits the bill good. Steel frame.. Snubby.. Small grip ( comes with a larger grip ). And... It will fit the belly band my p32 fits in... As a plus.. 38spl is a step up in the defense dept. From 32 acp I'm usually stuck carrying. It feels good in the hand..and mechanically..its not bad.. It's no python.. But hammer feels good and trigger is no worse than the kel tec I've been carrying... Less take up. Transfer safety bar trigger.. I don't feel the least bit squeamish carrying fish in all 6 tubes.
Glasses Sunglasses Sleeve Eyewear Wood

See less See more
#2 ·
I wouldn't mind trying one some day. Handled one a year ago but passed. I've made do with older CA revolvers; a 16 oz stainless Undercover 2" and a 19 oz reblued and rebarreled 3" .44spc both from the 1980s and both have been back to CA for work. All steel gets a little heavy in a pocket but they are fine in a belt holster or your belly band. Actually, the trigger on the old Undercover is pretty nice, smooth and short.

Yours being a six shooter isn't all that bad either. I still kick myself for choosing a 3" S&W Chief over a Colt Det Spc years ago.

#4 ·
Nice. Can't ever go wrong with a .38 snub nose. I like the looks of the grips, pretty but in the heat with sweaty hands could make them slippery if you plan to live them on. I love my revolver that I carry with wood grips but in this Texas heat I sometimes find shooting it, that it will slip in my hands from recoil because my hands get sweaty. Glad it comes with the larger grips. Congratulations .

#7 ·
I like the wood grips for concealability someone gave me the idea to take a big piece of black rubber heat shrink tubing and slip it over the grip cut it and then shrink it and will give me the benefit of having a rubberized grip but still be small I may try that I have plenty of heat shrink tubing

#10 ·
I own one, have for a few years now and it’s a great revolver. Obviously not the fit and finish of a Smith but certainly fit and function to me was far better than a lot of guns twice the cost. Only handgun I own where I can close my eyes, raise the revolver then open my eyes and be looking straight down the sights. Good choice.

#11 ·
I own one, have for a few years now and it’s a great revolver. Obviously not the fit and finish of a Smith but certainly fit and function to me was far better than a lot of guns twice the cost. Only handgun I own where I can close my eyes, raise the revolver then open my eyes and be looking straight down the sights. Good choice.
That is such a great trait in any handgun and something I check for before buying one. It's also the main reason I don't own any Glocks, although my Ruger MKII is even worse but it is not a concealed carry gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.