The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to treat myself special for lunch today. Seared and oven baked ribeye from local butcher. Nothing special about the recipe, just my way that I feel I've perfected over time.

Be sure to use good thick Ribeyes :)
Take steak(s) out over fridge/freezer and let them come to room temp
~30 minutes before cook, coat generously with Kosher salt and Pepper Medley then lightly coat with onion powder and garlic powder.
Preheat Oven to 450 with the pan in the oven -- Make sure the pan is large enough for steak(s) to lie flat and space between.
Mix and set aside 2 tsp each Thyme and Rosemary per steak
Remove pan from oven and immediately put over high heat and coat with non-stick spray
Place steak(s) in pan and sear for 1 minute, press with spatula to help the sear
After 1 minute flip the steak and sear for 1 minute, sprinkle Thyme/Rosemary mix over the steak
After 1 minute put in oven. For medium rare 1m45s or for medium 2m5s then pull steak out, flip it and sprinkle with Thyme/Rosemary mix then put in back in the oven.
Let it cook for equal amount of time for desired temp (medium rare 1m45s or for medium 2m5s)
Remove from oven and get them out of the pan onto a plate then pour the juices over the steak(s) and let rest for 5 minutes then serve.

If you want to do some oven baked potatoes at the same time, get them ready ahead of time by rinsing them and letting them completely dry. Use a fork to poke a few holes and then completely coat them with olive oil and generously cover them with Kosher Salt. Place them on the bottom rack of the oven at the same time you start the oven to preheat for the steaks. Let them go for 45 minutes and then start your steaks as outlined above. Once your steaks are out and resting take the potatoes out and they should be just about perfect. If they are small potatoes they may need to come out a little sooner but usually they'll be ok even if you don't pull them early.

Food Kitchen appliance Home appliance Ingredient Recipe

·
Registered
Pensacola Florida
3,911 Posts
I like the way you started out but when you put them in the oven that was too much. Season, sear, eat. Cook the potato’s first that way when you warm the steaks the taters are ready.👍

Reactions: chaswea and Paul D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I try to find happiness in the smallest things possible. I know everyone says that and not every time it's true but one can at least try. We’re living in these tough situations, we cannot go out that often like compressor problems, and life sometimes gets monotonous but I try to extract my happiness from these times as well. For example food, good food makes me the happiest. A good plate of pasta, a warm box of pizza, a good warm cup of coffee. These little things really make my day.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Hello! I try to find happiness in the smallest things possible. I know everyone says that and not every time it's true but one can at least try. We’re living in these tough situations, we cannot go out that often like compressor problems, and life sometimes gets monotonous but I try to extract my happiness from these times as well. For example food, good food makes me the happiest. A good plate of pasta, a warm box of pizza, a good warm cup of coffee. These little things really make my day.
Amen

·
GUNZILLA
9,220 Posts
Looks delicious. I basically do the same thing except I use a cast iron pan. I use kosher salt and crushed black pepper. While on the pan I melt butter with the rosemary and thyme and spoon it over the steak while searing, than to the oven. I'm craving ribeye now, I'll have to settle for venison back strap as I have no ribeye steak.

I'm glad you treat yourself like these. It is what makes life pleasant, indulging in small luxuries like this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts