Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Rival #3 Shotgun

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Mar 2, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Ender
    (12/2/02 9:00:20 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Double Barrel ShotGun
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was given a gun by my GrandFather is a Double Barrel ShotGun side by side barrel, it has two triggers and it has the old pull back hammers for each barrel. The marking on each side are (rival No. 3) this is on the plates below the hammers. If you could I was wondering the age, maker, and value of this gun

2. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

These shotguns were marketed by the Van Camp Hardware and Iron Company of Indianapolis, IN back c.1900. They were produced/imported by the HD Folsom Company. If you look between the barrels and the receiver you should find Belgian proofmakrs (E over LG in an oval).

Values do not reach $200, and these guns are generally unsafe to shoot with any modern ammunition.