Rock Island Armory M206

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Virginia Patriot, May 17, 2020.

1. Virginia Patriot

Virginia Patriot Well-Known Member

Does anyone here have any experience with a RIA M206 .38 spcl. Revolver? My wife came across one in a magazine or article on the web and she wants to check one out. I have heard both sides of RIA quality but, have no personal experience with this model. Any and all input would be appreciated.

2. Firpo

Firpo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Yes, I bought one about 3+ years ago and am pleased with the revolver. While it’s not going to win any beauty contests it’s a well made gun and for the price it’s a winner. Enough weight for recoil not to be an issue and my wife who has bad elbows doesn’t have one problem extending her arm to take aim. Bought it for her to keep as an SD gun and for that task it’s proven a good choice.

Last edited: May 17, 2020

3. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Well-Known Member

No idea about their revolvers, but their M1911A1 is a fine pistol.

4. DCman

DCman Well-Known Member

Made in the Philippines.
    Some good, some....not so much.
    Comes wrapped in a plastic bag, slathered in Cosmoline.
    I've heard its a good idea to disassemble the gun and give it a thorough cleaning, as shavings from machining can end up in the works and make the gun operate poorly.
    They used to be pretty inexpensive. Less than $150, new. Now a little more, but still inexpensive.
    QC seems to be better these days.
    Alloy frame and Armscor themselves says ok to shoot +P ammo, but not on a regular basis (I wrote to them asked).
    There's a longer barreled version, M200, that is more popular than the M206.
    If you get a good one, its a nice thing to throw in your pack when hiking, or to live in the glove compartment of your truck.
    A lot of guys rate this on par with the Hi-Point and say they wouldn't trust their lives with it, but few seem to have actual experience owning and shooting one.
    Take that for what its worth.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    Virginia Patriot likes this.