Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Rock River Arms AR15

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

BamaMarine
    (4/5/02 8:55:40 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Rock River Arms AR-15
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Are these rifles quality built weapons and how do they compare with Colt AR-15's. Is $700.00 too much for a standard A2 model? Advice needed.

cpermd
    (4/18/02 3:04:46 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Good firearms
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    $700 would be about $25 -35 high for me but I am cheap.
    My only complaint is they don't have chromelined barrels.
    They have been promising them a while and their email service sucks.
    I have never had them answer one.
    cpermd

2. the yooper

the yooper New Member

d
    i dont no but i have a colt with a match grade barrel and i love it .i to am trying to find out about RRA for my brother allso.:)

3. Diamondback

Diamondback Well-Known Member

I bought a RRA LAR458 3 yrs. ago. Always got prompt answers to my e-mails. Rifle is tight and RRA guarantees a 1 1/2" moa at 100 yds. out of the box. Mine came with hard case instruction manual (US military) and 3 recoil springs. I have shot 2" 5 shot groups at 150 yds. Extremely well built firearm.

BTW the LAR458 is chambered for the .458 SOCOM round.

4. c.robertson

c.robertson New Member

I have been shooting a Rock River Varmint 26" barrel using Weaver T-36 1/4" dot bench rest scope switching out with Receiver/globe metallic sights on occassion for 5 years now.
    The trigger is absolutely EXCELLENT, accuracy runs consistantly 1/2 MOA with 69 & 77 grain bullets using Benchmark or Varget.
    Rock River would be my first choice for about any .223 Rem. PEACE TIME application.

5. the yooper

the yooper New Member

thanks diamondback i'm shure he is geting a RRA good replys . thanks alot:)
    thanks c.robertson glad to hear that your gun sounds about the same as whet he wonts to order thanks again:)