Roger's Machine

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

mustang7513
    (1/27/03 3:26:56 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Roger's Machine
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Any one out there ever heard of a shotgun made by a company called Roger's Machine? I haven't been able to find anything the the net.

I have yet to see it, belongs to a friend of mine inherited from his grandfather.

Described as and double barrel side-by-side
    Gauge unknown at this time.
    Date 1901
    Double external hammers and double triggers.

Until I get it in my hands, this is all I have.

Things of quality have no fear of time.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/27/03 4:06:06 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Roger's Machine
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's a Belgian import. Look between the barrels and the receiver for the Belgian proofmarks (E over LG in an oval). Wall-hanger only, not safe to shoot.

mustang7513
    (1/28/03 12:52:28 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Rodger's Machine
    My friend dropped off the shotgun today. It's in pretty rough shape. Will post a pic in the next day or two. I want to clean it up and at least make it look much better.

AntiqueDr,

You said they are unsafe to shoot. I believe you, but am curious as to what makes it so.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/28/03 7:30:03 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Rodger's Machine
    Those guns were designed for blackpowder shotshells, and made of softer metal than we use today. Most have twist steel barrels which will not stand up to today's lightest loadings. And almost all remaining are in the shape you describe.

mustang7513
    (1/28/03 2:18:51 pm)
    AntiqueDr,

Thanks for the information, it is always nice to know the reason. I will do my best to clean and fix it up some and then my friend plans to sell it. I will take some pics of it and post it on the "What's It Worth" board to get an idea of value.

Thanks again,

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/28/03 10:17:27 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Rodger's Machine
    If the price is right I might be interested in it

Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

mustang7513
    (1/29/03 12:05:00 am)
    Warpig,

I have no idea what it is worth. Once I get a little reasearch done and determine a fair price, provide your email to the owner. Send you email to keepguessing@attbi.com. Please put Rodgers Shotgun in the subject so I won't mistake it for junk mail.