The Firearms Forum banner

Romainian ak 47

9K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  TacoMalo 
G
#1 ·
m4ranger
(1/10/03 5:01:16 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All Romainian ak 47
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thinking about buying one from Hitach, NIB. Anyone have any feed back or experience with one of these. The price is $395.

LIKTOSHOOT
*TFF Senior Staff*
(1/11/03 7:52:02 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Romainian ak 47
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seems high to me....

#2 ·
I have a Romanian SAR-1 with a K-VAR laminated stock on it and a Blackjack green buffer in it. I have put 1,880 rounds through it in 4 trips to the range without one problem. Just watch out for canted sights...some are crooked and some aren't. I really wouldn't buy one sight unseen unless you really trust who your getting it from! ;)

#7 ·
NRAJOE said:
Just watch out for canted sights...some are crooked and some aren't. I really wouldn't buy one sight unseen unless you really trust who your getting it from! ;)
I was looking at picking up a SAR or WASR at the last show (1st weekend in Sept.) EVERY ONE I looked at had canted / crooked sights. I spent quite a while at the J&G booth and after passing on three for bad sights, the guy got a little rude and said they're all the same... I don't know what your looking for. I guess I should have just bought the first one he handed me and been thankful. I chose to take my money and walk. Picked up a maddi a few months back for about the same price the Romanian modles go for. Better deal in my opinion. Other than the sight probs the SAR's and WASR's seem to be pretty good. SAR's being just a notch better. Also look out for the mag opening on the WASR's, as they were single stack conversions and the quality varies and you can end up with a very sloppy fit.
Just my $.02
-J-

#8 ·
http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/index.shtml is an excellent source of information for those who are interested in Romanian AK rifles. There is a very good tutorial (with pictures) section that that thoroughly describes how to correct most of the faults common to the rifle such as canted front sights and canted gas blocks.

There is also a section that gives a brief thumbnail description of the various Romanian AK models. The strengths and shortcomings of each are presented.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.