Romanian Training Rifle Malfunction

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 24, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

outdoorsman260
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/1/03 12:23:16 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Problem with bolt on Romanian Training Rifle
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Was shooting yesterday, and the trigger became very hard to pull. For 1-2 shots, the trigger was harder to pull, but the gun went off. Then it was a little harder to pull. I stopped, and went into the basement.

I then unloaded it and pulled back on the trigger. It clicked, and I assumed that it had went off, until I worked the bolt, and it was too easy to move.

I pulled the bolt out and found the problem. The small thing that sticks down into the slot in the bottom of the chamber to cock the gun could be moved freely back and forth.

Anyone know what's wrong, and a fix?
    blake.prohosting.com/~redneck4

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/2/03 12:31:37 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Problem with bolt on Romanian Training Rifle
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sounds like something inside the bolt is broken. Probably have to take it to a gunsmith and have it tore down and fixed.

Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

outdoorsman260
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/2/03 8:01:21 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Problem with bolt on Romanian Training Rifle
    Thanks warpig. Didn't know wether it'd be just a spring or something or what.

Gander Mountain put a 90 day garentee on it. Guess I'll have to make a road trip.
    blake.prohosting.com/~redneck4