The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm inquiring about the value of a Rossi model 511 .22 LR stainless steel revolver. I am also trying to find the date of manufacture of this gun. Anyone ever had or have one of these guns? If so what do you think of them? The serial number is L 012469.

511.jpg

·
Administrator
24,980 Posts
The Rossi model 511 was introduced in 1986. I don't know the exact date of manufacture.
Is this picture of your actual firearm ? If so, the value is $200 - $225. If not, possibly less.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The Rossi model 511 was introduced in 1986. I don't know the exact date of manufacture.
Is this picture of your actual firearm ? If so, the value is $200 - $225. If not, possibly less.
Okay , thanks for the information. Just out of curiosity how did you arrive at that value? I've been doing a little online searching and I haven't found anything in that price range . I've seen online auctions that ended in that range and some what higher in 2011 to 2013.

·
Premium Member
9,331 Posts
When looking at auctions it’s good to remember that just because someone is asking a given price doesn’t mean that’s what it sold for. Also, I’ve found gun values have a lot to do with where you happen to call home. Here in So Cal prices are crazy inflated compared to a lot of other places in the US.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When looking at auctions it’s good to remember that just because someone is asking a given price doesn’t mean that’s what it sold for. Also, I’ve found gun values have a lot to do with where you happen to call home. Here in So Cal prices are crazy inflated compared to a lot of other places in the US.
Well I've tried to look at as many closed auctions as possible. I've looked at 12 to 15 and have seen many from as far back as 2011 and 2013 that sold for as much as $275 to $350 or more. Mine has very little use and is complete with box and papers. Of course I'm not insinuating that it is a collectable gun but that it just has some added value because of this.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
It is a nice looking gun, problem is some people are turned off by the Rossi name because of previous bad experiences

·
Registered
906 Posts
Does the pistol have a letter and number (example A-1) near the proof marks? If so that is the Spanish date code which is required by Spanish law. Rossi revolvers fall into the love em’— hate em’ category and consequently have a limited following and resale value. That same pistol by S&W would be in the $6-700 range.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts