The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 22 magnum cylinder for my rough rider pistol. Anybody have any problems with the fit or with the pistol not handling the magnum rounds?

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
I dont own one, but have shot one on several occasions and never had a problem.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The only thing I don't like about them is they're FREAKING LOUD! The one I've shot is great with both cylinders.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
..even the single six's are lood with the .22 Mag..
I use hearing protection with any handgun these days and most rifles, less it be a .22LR.

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
My next revolver purchase!

·
Registered
95 Posts
The fit on the Rough Rider is good, no complaints from me. The cylinders slip right in and there is no unnecessary slop or looseness in the cylinders. The trigger clicks right into position and the release is light and quick. You better be ready to shoot when you put you finger on the trigger.

Mine is still new, I have only shot it a few times, so I can't offer much on the durability of the finish, but so far I'm not worried about it.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
As stated - .22 WMR are LOUD........especially in a handgun.

PLEASE always wear ear protection when shooting them............

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
...i've been thinking along those lines as well Carver.
My brother just bought one, but he hasn't had a chance to shoot it much, so still hasn't given me a report on it yet.

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
As stated - .22 WMR are LOUD........especially in a handgun.

PLEASE always wear ear protection when shooting them............
Doesnt everyone use hearing protection?

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
I have one. I use plugs only. I really can't tell any difference between any rounds used and noise difference. My ears ring, so I do use ear protection. Being in the Air Force and working the flightline has not helped my hearing.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Doesnt everyone use hearing protection?
Actually NO.

Most people just have no idea how much damage .22 ammunition do to the human ears!!

WMR's are much louder than .22 LR's...................

I was just reiterating...................

ALWAYS WEAR EAR PROTECTION.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Not trying to beat a dead horse here. But, if I get one of these and the sights are off, is there anything I can do?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts