The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a carbine stock, did a little woodworking magic, Duracoated the receiver, polished the interals, trigger 3lb pull, polished the bolt and plan on hot oil bluing it next to get a blue/purple effect. I think I am going to make another in SS.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Definitely different.... purple ya say? I think you've only started.

I'd like to build a purple 10/22 for my gf.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
My work bench wasn't that clean when I bought it....
Nice job!!!!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
A clean shop is the sign of a sick mind. Nice work on the gun...spread some crap around the bench so it looks like someone works there.;):p

·
Registered
65 Posts
I can see that you're a craftsman. But you should have a piece of felt on the gun rest support. JMO

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Albtraum, Not that purple.....or should I say fuscia...

JoeV and Jstgsn, Sick mind is correct.... What you don't see is the mess behind me on my other work bench. An I just noticed.... I have a few tools not lined up properly, I will have to correct that and retake the pics... hehe.....

Dee, I was going to put felt on it but found I like to wedge a rag in the slot when I have a rifle in it... holds it in place better for me. I still may use felt. I have another stand that isn't as pretty as that one that I use more for work and less for pics.... Yeah, sick mind.... I know.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually what you are seeing in the pics is my reflection, I am wearing a purple and blue shirt. I just finished hot oil bluing the bolt and will put in in this week and repost pics.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are some pics of the hot oil blued bolt. Kinda takes on a color case hardened look.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts